Clasificados de empleo en USA para hispanos 1 Chat Avenue, Teen Chat, Kids Chat, Chat Forums, Chat Avenue AKA Chatave ripoff [Archive] - Teen Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 1 Chat Avenue, Teen Chat, Kids Chat, Chat Forums, Chat Avenue AKA Chatave ripoff

Fedex
04-02-2008, 04:26 PM
I received five abusive emails from Chat Avenue's 'Chat Master" (originating from a user of Rogers Cable Inc in Canada). He threatened me and made libellous accusations against my family, apparently because my teenage son had annoyed him in a chat room. Worse still, even though he was writing official emails, he refused to provide his name. I requested it several times.

So, I visited his web site at #1 Chat Avenue - Free chat rooms for adult, kids, singles, and teen users (http://www.-avenue.com) to find out the owner's contact details so I could make a complaint. BIG mistake!

As I left the chat room, after talking with an unhelpful chat moderator, my antivirus software started popping up multiple warnings (12!). I figured the moderator was tracking my IP to find out who I was, or to boot me.

Some of the trojans were:

hacktool.proxy

trojan.ByteVerify

Trojan Horse

Downloader.Trojan

Now I was pretty angry, so I went to Symantec and discovered these trojans were serious privacy invaders (key stroke loggers and giving chat-avenue the ability to access my computer, for example).

Next I went to the chat-avenue forum to ask about the trojans, and to seek help in removing them. When I read the 'tech support" forum, I was amazed to see many other posts complaining about the same thing.

Obviously this site does not take computer security seriously and has zero respect for their customers.

In response to my complaints, here's what I got:

- more abusive emails from admin@chat-avenue.com

- my forum posts were locked, as were others complaining about the trojans. This means nobody is permitted complain about viruses installed by the moderators/site/banners.

- my IP was blocked, so I cannot communicate with the owners to complain about the abuse or trojans.

Possibly the WORST customer service on the net.

But that's not all.

Chat Avenue promotes itself as a 'kid safe" site and even has its support of COPPA (COPPA FAQ's (http://www.ftc.gov/privacy/coppafaqs.htm)) 'the Children's

Online Privacy Protection Rule" on its privacy page. What a joke! They bombard users on every page with ****ography and half the chat rooms are ****ographic in nature. Even their image ALT tags promote the word 'adult', which is generic on the internet for '****ography'.

Their Kids Chat Room was full of adults, blatantly seeing sex with children. As far as I could see, there were no efforts to remove these adults (with names like 'Old man in raincoat" and 'man seeking 13 f'). The site is NOT kid safe and I advise all parents not to let their children anywhere near it.

Funny thing is, they booted me for making a legitimate complaint about the abuse and trojans, but let Mr 'man in raincoat" stalk children. Anyone see something wrong here?

If you have had a similar experience at chat-avenue.com please post it here, because sites like this should be booted off the internet.

Karen

Lake Macquarie

Australia

read more- Rip Off Report: 1 Chat Avenue AKA Chatave ripoff Track IP addresses and install trojans, virus etc. Then they block complaints! Internet (http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/139/RipOff0139337.htm)

Alex
04-02-2008, 10:09 PM
this is bad :shock:

Kyle.
05-02-2008, 07:01 AM
Now I'm not trying to go against your post or side with chat-ave.. but I read the posts that their staff made and I (hating chat-avenue myself!) have to agree with them. I was there when a lot of people were messing the chat rooms and forums and I believe that the site never gave those viruses out. I used to have some pretty good knowledge of "hacking chats" and most of those programs that were found are mainly used for doing such. I think it's that person pretending to be a mother or something.. or that the mother is just bluntly unaware of what is really happening.

Again, I'm not siding here, I'm just saying that I don't think that site gives out viruses. They may have horrible staff, but not viruses.

BoYkA
05-02-2008, 07:34 AM
i dont believe the site gave the viruses out but they do promote some dirty crap in there chats, but then so do all the chats around the net.

RapidRed
05-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Forum central is shockingly cleaner.

D-Generation X (DX)
11-02-2008, 09:17 AM
back in 1999-2003 was the golden ages of chat ave. now it a bunch of crap and ppl crying if they arent getting there way. The chatmaster doesnt even do anything to help or the site admin. one day they are gonna see there forums died and wonder what happened. i will be glad that chat ave will die and burn.

Alex
11-02-2008, 08:44 PM
My Mom banned me from being allowd on that site because of rude members.

Nick.
12-02-2008, 03:27 AM
i dont believe the site gave the viruses out but they do promote some dirty crap in there chats, but then so do all the chats around the net.

I believe it, my account was taken over because someone set up a keylogger on that site.

I've had my virus protection pop up a few times there, and I know Shadow the VGC admin attempted to hack into my personal info twice.

Blaze
12-02-2008, 04:04 AM
I believe it, my account was taken over because someone set up a keylogger on that site.

Take it back.

Remember how you told me it was really easy to steal accounts over there?

And How you'd hacked into cm's account multiple times before with ease?

Do it to get your account back.

Gogogo

Now I'm not trying to go against your post or side with chat-ave.. but I read the posts that their staff made and I (hating chat-avenue myself!) have to agree with them. I was there when a lot of people were messing the chat rooms and forums and I believe that the site never gave those viruses out. I used to have some pretty good knowledge of "hacking chats" and most of those programs that were found are mainly used for doing such. I think it's that person pretending to be a mother or something.. or that the mother is just bluntly unaware of what is really happening.

Again, I'm not siding here, I'm just saying that I don't think that site gives out viruses. They may have horrible staff, but not viruses.

Yea, but people can set up auto-activated trojans on the main chat page.

If your antivirus doesn't detect it, you're screwed.

That happened about a year ago, and everyone was getting antivirus popups when they acessed the page.

Nick.
12-02-2008, 11:34 PM
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Blue]Take it back.

Remember how you told me it was really easy to steal accounts over there?

And How you'd hacked into cm's account multiple times before with ease?

Do it to get your account back.

Gogogo

And I also told you that I can't get only AdminCP there no matter how much I tried?

I can't get an account back without that, so yeah.

Getting onto an account isn't that hard, just having a long session and adminCP/modCP is not easy.

Blaze
13-02-2008, 02:30 AM
I can't get an account back without that, so yeah.

No, i meant get into your account directly, the same way you got into cms'.

Unless you set up a keylogger for that, in which case what if i told you you don't need a keylogger to do it?

Nick.
13-02-2008, 06:38 PM
No, i meant get into your account directly, the same way you got into cms'.

Unless you set up a keylogger for that, in which case what if i told you you don't need a keylogger to do it?

No, that's not it.

I've tried to get back onto my account, but for some reason it just doesn't work.