Clasificados de empleo en USA para hispanos Multiquoting [Archive] - Teen Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Multiquoting

Parker
12-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Multiquoting condenses my posts by default even though I don't use a multi quote option when replying and when I reply to three people in the same thread it counts as one post. Am I at loss here post-wise?

Alex
12-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Multiquoting 1 member to 6 members it all still quote in one post or thread. Is this helpful apriori?

BoYkA
12-10-2011, 09:15 PM
Alex you have answered to a point thanks. but i took the time to view a few of apriori's posts. the problem is that apriori, you are using the quote button. quote button = 1 quote.
next to the quote button to the right is multi-quote. simple hover over the buttons slowly to read what the button is.
in a long thread if you wanted to quote more than 3 or 4 members posts then you would simply click on the button "multi-quote" not "quote".
so for example, if theres a post you want to quote at the top of the page, click once the "multi-quote" button, then keep scrolling down, say half way down the page you want to quote another post, click once "multi-quote" again. then scroll to the bottom and click on "Post Reply" button. they will all appear in your post to reply to.

you can test it here if you want, multi-quote Alex and multi-quote this post, then click on Post Reply button then you will see what i mean.
remember, click only once on multi-quote button next to the quote button. remember to that a slow hover will display helpful info ;)
please test multi-quote, then if it dont work i'll screen shot for you ;)
cheers.

Gio
13-10-2011, 06:25 AM
Multiquoting condenses my posts by default even though I don't use a multi quote option when replying and when I reply to three people in the same thread it counts as one post. Am I at loss here post-wise?

Multiquoting 1 member to 6 members it all still quote in one post or thread. Is this helpful apriori?

Alex you have answered to a point thanks. but i took the time to view a few of apriori's posts. the problem is that apriori, you are using the quote button. quote button = 1 quote.
next to the quote button to the right is multi-quote. simple hover over the buttons slowly to read what the button is.
in a long thread if you wanted to quote more than 3 or 4 members posts then you would simply click on the button "multi-quote" not "quote".
so for example, if theres a post you want to quote at the top of the page, click once the "multi-quote" button, then keep scrolling down, say half way down the page you want to quote another post, click once "multi-quote" again. then scroll to the bottom and click on "Post Reply" button. they will all appear in your post to reply to.

you can test it here if you want, multi-quote Alex and multi-quote this post, then click on Post Reply button then you will see what i mean.
remember, click only once on multi-quote button next to the quote button. remember to that a slow hover will display helpful info ;)
cheers.

that's multi quote, apriori

Parker
13-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Thx Alex, thx GateKeeper, thx Gio. I've learnt that one.

Now, what if I don't want to use the multi-quoting, if I want to quote each of your posts individually.

Then there won't be three replies ,one under the other, to each of your posts but just one big reply with everything in it,correct? So does it count as a one or three posts?

Gio
14-10-2011, 02:46 AM
well, I dont really understand what you mean but I guess you're pointing at posts count. well, your reply will count as a 1 post in every ocasion you do multi-quote or not. In one post there can be as many quote as you want.

joann 6969
14-10-2011, 03:19 AM
im new how does all this work?

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

my name is joann from va im 29

Gio
14-10-2011, 03:27 AM
im new how does all this work?

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

my name is joann from va im 29

cheers.

read this and if you got any exact question, feel free to ask :)

Gothic Story
16-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Now, what if I don't want to use the multi-quoting, if I want to quote each of your posts individually.

That would be a tiny bit pointless not to use multi-quoting :)

So does it count as a one or three posts?

If you use the Quote all your posts will be merged to 1 post by a vbulletin mod. Plus reading the rules double posting is only allowed in graveyard.

Parker
17-10-2011, 12:36 AM
That would be a tiny bit pointless not to use multi-quoting :)

Why? For each quoted post (let's say 10) my post count increases by one whereas using the multi-quoting no matter how many posts (let's say 10) I reply to my post count can increase no more but one count.

If you use the Quote all your posts will be merged to 1 post by a vbulletin mod. Plus reading the rules double posting is only allowed in graveyard.

I though the successive posts are merged by default by the forum software vBulletin.

What's 'double posting'?

Ender
17-10-2011, 03:39 AM
Why does post count matter? It's just a number. Quality, NOT quantity

Double posting is forum slang for the posting of two or more consecutive posts by the same user.

Placebo
17-10-2011, 08:42 AM
Good place to boost post count is word games forum.

Alex
18-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Is this all sorted now?

Gio
18-10-2011, 10:49 PM
Is this all sorted now?

yups, I think so, since apriori didn't post anything related to multi-quote so far

Quality, NOT quantity

this explains alot

Parker
20-10-2011, 01:32 AM
It's all sorted out. Thanks for the help. I would just mention that I like both the quantity and quality if it doesn't make me too ambitious.

Ender
20-10-2011, 06:32 AM
:getmecoat::info: Seeing as this is all sorted, I'm going to lock it. If there are any further questions please make another thread or contact a staff member.

Parker
20-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Yes, lock it up for good.

Ender
20-10-2011, 01:29 PM
Whoops, got side-tracked and forgot to lock it. All sorted now.