Clasificados de empleo en USA para hispanos Need some advice about something... [Archive] - Teen Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice about something...

rainbow
09-11-2007, 01:53 AM
Okay, so here's the thing...

Kyle.
09-11-2007, 09:10 AM
That is tough. :D

Um. I would write something like "Happy Birthday, ________ and many many more!"

But I've never written a card to a baby..

Hope that helps.

BoYkA
09-11-2007, 09:16 AM
im not sure how things work over there, it could be different than Australia, being in a relationship we write on 1 card the same card together. we write on the card like happy 2nd birthday love and both our names. maybe if you were married things would be different. i wouldnt stress about it to much, long as you have a nice gift and card together thats all that matters. i think 1 card coming from 2 people (a couple) says it all.

good luck .

shadowman
09-11-2007, 09:26 AM
I would say the same as Ministry, but then it depends on your background and traditions.

If you are to give a card from yourself without your bf's name on it, just write "TO (the kids name)" and write some witty/nice message and who its from. There is no need to write godson, nephew etc.

rainbow
09-11-2007, 01:17 PM
That's what is usually done,

Slider
09-11-2007, 08:10 PM
I'll ask my mom. She'll know what to do. Keep in mind both my and Chadi's families are ultra-conservative and traditional.[/QUOTE]

2 year olds dont read the cards. No giving him one would be an Australian option.

(Waiting for all the Aussie's to rip me a new one:kissing:)

wavedy
22-11-2007, 09:16 AM
2 year olds dont read the cards. No giving him one would be an Australian option.

(Waiting for all the Aussie's to rip me a new one:kissing:)

You love our country but you also love bagging us I see :D I know...it's an european thing...

I don't know if I'm too late here to reply but the card for a kid this age is really to the parents in the way of...if you don't say something along the lines of being a family member to the kid, they'll remember it forever!

Maybe bite the bullet this once and say something like "To our nephew" or God son, whatever u like.

rainbow
22-11-2007, 11:29 AM
I appreciate the advice but LOL I canNOT say he's my nephew or godson. I'm not even CLOSE to being part of the family. It's only been a year and a half and I'm 20 :P Thanks though!! His birthday is Sunday. I'll figure something out. I can't wait to buy him an outfit. Baby shopping is the BEST.

Slider
22-11-2007, 02:07 PM
I appreciate the advice but LOL I canNOT say he's my nephew or godson. I'm not even CLOSE to being part of the family. It's only been a year and a half and I'm 20 :P Thanks though!! His birthday is Sunday. I'll figure something out. I can't wait to buy him an outfit. Baby shopping is the BEST.

Maybe just not get him a card. Or just put the kids name and say from Julia.

shadowman
23-11-2007, 07:42 AM

thumb01

BoYkA
23-11-2007, 07:44 AM

coming from a girl it must say "Dear" and "Love From" :)

Slider
23-11-2007, 04:01 PM
coming from a girl it must say "Dear" and "Love From" :)

If thats the case that should work alright.

mastertek2000
26-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Okay, so here's the thing...my boyfriend's brother and sister-in-law invited me to their son (my boyfriend's godson and nephew)'s birthday party. He's turning two. They also invited me last year. It'll be easy to buy a gift, but I'm not sure what I should write in the card. I mean...it's not like I'm family or anything, even though Chad's family treats me as though I'll become a member...someday.

Any suggestions? I'm usually really good at writing personal cards, but for a little boy who's my boyfriend's godson...well...lol it's a little tricky.

I would write something like "Happy Birthday

britiny
28-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Yes! I agree with you.

Good luck!

glamgurl36
30-01-2008, 12:50 AM
I would write love and happy birthday! especially if you have been together for over a year...i don't think it's inappropriate. esp. if you are fairly close..His party was prob a while ago lol i was just looking at the dates..but those are my 2 cents lol

Kandi89
23-06-2008, 08:38 AM
I think that you should just keep it simple that way it is not confusing for you or the child:) maybe put something witty inside like a little four verse bday poem a bit like roses are red etc but that depends on your required taste! hope that helps!

x

WanderFoot
02-12-2008, 02:33 AM
That's a truly unusual question. How well do you know the family? Are you actually going planning to be a part of said family at some point? If you're not I'd keep the gift to a minimum of extravagance. Otherwise, go all out! He's a kid...get him something...kid-like. Sorry, I suck at children stuff.

Gothic Story
02-12-2008, 08:12 AM
That's a truly unusual question. How well do you know the family? Are you actually going planning to be a part of said family at some point? If you're not I'd keep the gift to a minimum of extravagance. Otherwise, go all out! He's a kid...get him something...kid-like. Sorry, I suck at children stuff.

this is an old thread they broke up ages ago mate.