Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks

Default Re: Abortion; pro-life or pro-choice?

Pro-Choice.

Duh.

Im A Super Member

Thanks

Country
    Canada

Pro-choice.

I'll give you an example. I'm sexually active. My boyfriend uses a condom. I'm on the pill. However, even with all that protection, there is still a VERY VERY VERY VERY slight chance that I can get pregnant.

Although it's terrible to have to go through with an abortion, I know for a fact that if I were to have a baby at my age (I'm 20 and my boyfriend is almost 23) and stage in life (finishing off undergrad, but going for another 4-year professional program), the baby would NOT be well-off in life. I wouldn't be able to provide the necessities it would need, whether it be money, attention, care, etc. My parents shouldn't be responsible for caring for another child, either.

Yes, there is always placing the child up for adoption...but, I don't know. I'd still go my whole life knowing that a child of mine is out there, and it would tear me apart.

So yes, essentially, having a baby at this point in my life would not be beneficial for the baby, for me, for my boyfriend, or for our families. An abortion is not at ALL easy to deal with (I'd imagine), but I still think it's the better of two solutions to getting involuntarily pregnant.

I know a lot of you will say "well, you know pregnancy is always a risk when you have sex, so just don't have sex"...but that's my position.

Silver Member

Thanks

pro-choice with certain boundaries

V.I.P Member

My Mood
    Asleep
    Thanks

Country
    Australia

Pro-choice. I think it strongly depends on your situation, I think kids shouldn't raise kids, pregnant at 15? Your got so much life ahead of u and you'll miss out on sooooooooooooooo much if you have that kind of full time responsibility and probably directly or indirectly blame your child cos u can't go out with your friends much. People in other situations where they just don't want kids, I know it sounds selfish but I would rather they abort the child rather than have the kids grow up in an unloving or harmful environment. Some people think they can shut kids up all the time just cos they have their own problems and make the kids do that. I hate that. Others...some people think they won't be good parents but end up being GREAT parents. Life doensn't often be what we expect it to be, I thought my life was complete until I had my little girl (I was 27y), now I know it was FAR from complete, I have learned sooooooooooooooo much about myself since having her and I'm always learning more. I love being a mum and I wish I had the words to express to people that acceptance is everything, there is no room for selfishness but always needs to be room for time for yourself, even if it's only 10 minutes.

Almost A Newbie

Thanks

i think abortion is bad.
    because it is not good for both Pregnant Women and baby.
    i think people can't touch about live problem.?

Thanks

Country
    Canada

40% pro-choice, 60% pro-life. It depends on the situation.
    Example, if it concerns the health of the mother, pro-choice.

Im A Super Member

My Mood
    Amazed
    Thanks

Country
    Trinidad-Tobago

I think its wrong because it comes like that someone wouldn't be getting a chance at life!!.... i know some of you think if a 15yr old get pregnant it would be a big responsibility.... but why are young kids having sex by the way??? to me noone give anyone permission to take away someones life.... i strongly disagree with abortion !!
    LyDrake
    ~!~Forum Admin~!~

You may contact me via pm with any questions, issues, or concerns.My pm box is always open.

Rep+ is greatly appreciated and will be returned!

Thanks

Country
    Canada

Definitely pro choice, no matter the circumstances.
    If a woman wants to have one, she is simply exercising her rights to her own body and nobody has a right to shun her simply because they exercise different beliefs or don't agree with her reasons for it. It can be hard enough making the choice to do it, the last thing a woman needs is people labeling her as a "murderer" simply because she is making what she thinks is the best choice for her.

Thanks

Country
    Armenia

I can't speak for everyone, because it's their choice[img]http://www.****************/male1.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://www.****************/male2.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://www.****************/male3.jpg[/img]

Almost A Newbie

Thanks

Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Shonna View Post
    she is simply exercising her rights to her own body and nobody has a right to shun her simply because they exercise different beliefs or don't agree with her reasons for it.
    If she has freedom of expression to have an abortion then people must also have freedom of expression to dislike/ignore her because of it. Either that's very hypocritical or you haven't thought it through.

Know what genuinely intrigues me? The amount of people who voted that abortion should be allowed in certain circumstances. I really think it's the case that most of you guys haven't thought this through fully: abortion is either murder or it is not murder. If it is murder, then it doesn't become justified just because it increases the health or mental state of women; it doesn't become justified if the pregnancy is caused by rape or incest; it doesn't become justified because the embryo is a parasite. If it is not murder, then what do the circumstances matter? No wrong is being done anyway.

You can't cowardly take the neutral middle-ground this way I'm afraid, ladies and gentlemen: either abortion is murder or it is not. I would be interested to hear a valid argument for why abortion is acceptable in any circumstances if it is murder, or why it is unacceptable in any circumstances if it isn't murder.

Personally, I don't know. I've long since rejected the claims that it is murder to kill human cells, or murder to destroy the potential for life. The issue I have is that, at some point, an embryo clearly does "become" a baby, and perceptions of that point vary massively. Up to that point, I see no reason why abortion shouldn't be allowed, but I'm afraid that I have no idea where that point is.

Oh, and we all know (or rather should know) that it is perfectly possible to become pregnant even if we're on a couple of different contraceptives. The fact of that matter is that sex produces babies, and so a pregnancy should never come as a complete surprise (unless you're not sexually active and your other half's been wanking in the bath and you share bathwater, I suppose). So, simply saying "shoulda used a johnny" is not appropriate and, given the possible outcome, consent to sex essentially implies a willingless to become pregnant.
    Last edited by Sum; 12-12-2011 at 08:29 AM.