banner
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

My Mood
    Balanced
    Thanks

Country
    Black-private

Quote Originally Posted by Shonna View Post
    Well, we don't HAVE to do those things. Most towns require that you get a license for your pet with the township for whatever reason but some don't. We don't have to get his vaccinations or get him chipped or fixed. We are going to get his rabies shot and fix him though. We weren't going to fix him because hed have been great to breed but he's got a genetic condition thatt will be passed onto all male descendents so we"ll get him fixed too.

Nature is cruel. Even dogs get those genetic diseases. It's a dog's life,isn't it.

I have to tell you a nice story:

Buddhists believe that on the day that the Bud*dha died, he summoned all animals to his side.

Only members of 12 species -- dogs among them -- reached him before his death.

He rewarded those who came with a year of their own, which is why the cat has no sign in the Chinese zodiac.

I didn't know that Gods (Buddha) can die.

And consider this: Between Jan. 19 and Jan. 31, 2008, no fewer than five different families in the United States and Canada were saved by their dogs when their homes caught fire

And there is no grater loyalty than the dog's loyalty. The best example is Hachiko. The story almost brought tears in my eyes.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BoYkA View Post
    dog laws in VIC/AUS is dogs must be chipped and registered. now a new law there trying to bring in that a dog must be walked daily.

point made

Did it cost a lot of money to pay for all charges and fees for your dog? Cause if it did I will postpone looking for a dog for some time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The world's biggest power is the (youth and) beauty of a woman.

Thanks

Country
    Canada

Dogs are amazing<3
    Pets in general are very expensive.
    If you get the full array of shots(which I recommend if your dog is around other dogs a lot or potentially near wildlife like raccoon,mice etc) it gets to be around 500.00-600.00 for their first year of shots and heart worm medication. Fixing them, again, the bare minimum you'll pay at a vets office is around 300.00, that's with no sort of pain relief or any other comfort measure other than the surgery itself,the anesthetic and a half day of observation. Sometimes humane societies will do it for a bit less. Then you have to consider if your pet get's sick.

Just a couple months ago our current dog got some little cut we didn't see or treat because his hair is so thick and it ended up getting infected and spread. His entire belly,chest,groin,backs of his hind legs, armpits were just covered in these crusty,bleeding,itchy sores. I took him to the vet and I kid you not, a 5 minute appointment ended up costing me $200.00 because I needed a month of steroid pills for the itch, antibiotic pills, antibiotic cream blah blah blah and since my dog is really wary of people, the vet couldnt get close enough to see how bad it was so I ended up having to go back again to get another $45.00 tube of the cream.

It's ridiculous, but the things you do for your pets<3
    Microchipping is also about $150.00.

Gold Member

Thanks

Country
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by apriori View Post

Did it cost a lot of money to pay for all charges and fees for your dog? Cause if it did I will postpone looking for a dog for some time.
    depends if the dog is a purebred, they can be very costly to buy. but here people go to the RSPCA and buy a dog that already has a micro chip, vaccinated and most are fixed, works out a lot cheaper.
    reading the site adoptapet.com.au now and it says:
    health has been checked.
    vaccinations are up-to-date.
    worming is up-to-date.
    have been microchipped.
    is desexed.

saves you hundreds to adopt a dog.

Dogs are amazing<3
    Pets in general are very expensive.
    If you get the full array of shots(which I recommend if your dog is around other dogs a lot or potentially near wildlife like raccoon,mice etc) it gets to be around 500.00-600.00 for their first year of shots and heart worm medication. Fixing them, again, the bare minimum you'll pay at a vets office is around 300.00, that's with no sort of pain relief or any other comfort measure other than the surgery itself,the anesthetic and a half day of observation. Sometimes humane societies will do it for a bit less. Then you have to consider if your pet get's sick.

Just a couple months ago our current dog got some little cut we didn't see or treat because his hair is so thick and it ended up getting infected and spread. His entire belly,chest,groin,backs of his hind legs, armpits were just covered in these crusty,bleeding,itchy sores. I took him to the vet and I kid you not, a 5 minute appointment ended up costing me $200.00 because I needed a month of steroid pills for the itch, antibiotic pills, antibiotic cream blah blah blah and since my dog is really wary of people, the vet couldnt get close enough to see how bad it was so I ended up having to go back again to get another $45.00 tube of the cream.

It's ridiculous, but the things you do for your pets<3
    Microchipping is also about $150.00.
    yeah the vets prices are just crazy, way to much. at least your dog is ok now, in the past with my Bel-gem Giats bunnys which these bunnys can grow huge:
    this isnt my bunny but an example.

because bunnys get common cold just like us, it works our dearer to own one of these bunnys than a dog lol. we have had vet bills up to $500.00, and the odd hundreds through the 8 years of his life.

as for dog prices:
    altho maybe be a bit cheaper than where you live maybe:
    health check: $27.00
    vaccinations: under $50.00 for 2.
    worming: depends on the brand, ranges between: $8.00 to $30.00.
    microchipped: $45.00
    desexed: $140.00 for a male dog.
    Fleas: $8.00 because i wash my dog once a week in flea shampoo then
    flea powder him: $8.00.
    purebred Aus Border Collie we got him cheap for $300.00.

Forum Moderator

My Mood
    Curious
    Thanks

Country
    United-States

Damn.. thats not a "bunny". Lmfao. Thats a Rabbit

Silver Member

My Mood
    Balanced
    Thanks

Country
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Damn.. thats not a "bunny". Lmfao. Thats a Rabbit
    thats more like a baby fluffy cow with big ears

Hahah you can still post!=P
    What breeds do you have?
    my old dog died of old age i now have 2 Rottweilers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It is impossible for any severed individual to experience pain
    Pleasure, memory, dream or thought of any kind
    This young man will be as unfeeling as unthinking as the dead
    Until the day joins them

I don't know weather I'm alive or dreaming or dead or remembering
    How can you tell what's a dream and what's real
    When you can't even tell when your awake and when your asleep
    Where am I?

Thanks

Country
    Canada

aww my old one was a rotti/shepherd ^

My Mood
    Balanced
    Thanks

Country
    Black-private

I've abandoned the hope to own a pet. It's become a fun of privileged people. Looking a few posts up at Boyka's figures it makes me a bit dizzy in a head. I don't spend that much on my health even though I need a few check-ups just in case.
    Last edited by Parker; 28-10-2011 at 04:38 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The world's biggest power is the (youth and) beauty of a woman.

Banned

Thanks

Country
    Azerbaijan

Canadians leave their doors unlocked.