Okay so I am so mad at my family right now.... here's why.

My bf and I have been together for 7 yrs now. We own our own trailer in town and have a decent sized yard. We have 3 cats all 7 years old (had them since kittens) and 2 dogs Shelby who is 6 and Shamus just turned 1.

I do not work (medical reasons) so am home pretty much all the time, my bf makes good money and is working most of the time.

Recently we have been talking about purchasing a pure bred yellow lab male puppy from a breeder.

When I mentioned this to some family members they nearly ripped me to pieces saying how stupid I was to want another dog!

That it will be another mouth to feed, more poop to clean up,more money on vaccinations, and more hair to vacuum.

I am the responsible one in my family!! I am the cleanest (totally OCD about cleanliness at our house) most loving pet owner in my family yet they judge me on wanting another dog!

Honestly they made me feel like I was a animal hoarder or something.

Also we are in the process of trying to find an acreage to buy......so there will be plenty of space for 3 dogs to run around.

Why do people who don't own pets or have not very many pets, get annoyed with others who have more than a few?

If my time,budget,and home could not handle another dog do you really think I would get another?

Every pet we have taken in, both of our families have given us a hard time about it. I just can't figure out why they feel the need to make us feel like we are doing something wrong!

Does anyone else have family members who give you a hard time about your pets???