Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
banner
    Almost A Newbie

Thanks

Country
    Afghanistan

Default Help Quitting Weed

Hi, I'm 17 years old and have been smoking weed for a little over a year now. Other than weed I've done pretty much everything ranging from percs, codeine, alcohol, tobacco, nutmeg, DPH, DXM, LSD, LSA (morning glory seeds), mushrooms, ritalin (concerta), nitrous, salvia, poppers, valium, klonopin, ativan, ketamine, ecstasy, candyflip (Ecstasy+LSD), plus various other drugs and drug combinations.

Basically if you asked me two or three months ago what my goals are, one of them would include trying every substance on earth at least once with the exception of meth, heroin, crack, and PCP.

Luckily the only drug from the list that I've been addicted to is marijuana. The sleeping pills and ritalin were addictive but I was too scared to keep using them.

Unfortunatly as much as I love weed, it's taking over my life. I've been trying to quit but it's getting to the point where I'm giving up trying to quit. I was at my camp for 2 weeks or so where I did not touch it at all, but that's because there was none available. Once I got back to town and started hanging around my friends again, I became a full time stoner again.

Weed has turned me into a quiet peaceful person but it makes me do things that I know is wrong. Like stealing. I never did that before smoking dope but now I steal anything I see simply so I won't have to buy it and I can save that money for more pot. I was recently caught and that's kept me away from stores, but I'm stealing from my own family which IMO is a lot worse.

Anyway thanks for taking the time to read this. If anyone has any advise it would really help me out. Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Country
    United-States

Admitting your problem is the first step to change. If you can't quit on your own, let your family know about it. My brother is also an addict. Weed also change his behavior, he became more anxious. A family friend suggested about therapies in different addiction rehab centers, but my parents are still confused if the treatments in Texas are effective or moving out of the state will be better. Don't hesitate to ask for help to the professionals. Joining support groups could also be an option. I believe that's the only way for you to recover.

Thanks

Country
    United-States

So after inquiring to several rehabs, my brother is taking his treatment program at Alcohol Rehab Recovery Care two weeks from now. He still not fully sober but he improves day by day even though its obvious that he's having a hard time. Next week, we'll going to have a family counseling. I will show my support with him and I hope it will motivate him more. Sharing my thoughts gives me a relief feeling so thanks for reading.