Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
banner
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Im A Super Member

Thanks

Country
    Canada

Default Re: How are you feeling right now?

I always look for the good in everyone. I accept and acknowledge a person`s flaws, but I`m the type to speak calmly and rationally in an argument, no matter what the other person is saying to me. Until this past year, being this way never hurt me- I literally had gotten into no arguments with people other than family, had stable romantic relationships, etc. This past year...holy shit, drama fest. I should have barked back a bit. Instead, I was calm, hoping that people would **** off if I didn`t pay any attention to their shit. Boy, was I wrong...

Im A Super Member

Thanks

Julia, I can honestly say that you are one of the strongest person I know. Your boyfriend seems like a great guy and you deserve to be with someone like him.

When reading your post, I noticed similarities between your issue with your ex-boyfriend and my high school experience. Not necessarily the same story, but the "taking advantage/treating like crap" concept. I have some major thinking to do now.

Im A Super Member

Thanks

Country
    Canada

Thanks, Sandra.

I'm the type who has her head screwed on tight on her shoulders, so this was a very strange experience for me- I acknowledged that I deserved better, but I knew there was some good in him, and I wanted to pretend to myself that maybe he'd grow and change.

Since then, I've promised myself to never settle for anybody like that. I like to think that I only learned this lesson because of this situation. So maybe it was a blessing in disguise.

I think he's learned from this situation as well. Hopefully he'll mature and realize how to and how not to treat people. And once he learns this, he'll find somebody amazing as well. When he does, congratulations and good luck to him.

I wish you the best of luck with your situation. Although two situations are never the same, people can still feel the same depth of emotion. So if you've felt anything close to what I felt, my heart really does go out to you. If you ever want to talk about it, you know how to contact me

Im A Super Member

Thanks

Country
    Canada

LOLLLLLL WTFFFFF

Okay. Some history for you guys-

A new couple came into the clinic as patients. Really sweet, old-school Italian couple who are friends with my Nonna (my father's mother). They come in three times a week for treatment. Anyway, they'd keep complimenting me, telling me how such a nice girl should be with their grandson, etc. Pam, a girl I work with (who used to babysit me when I was like, 2) gets a kick out of this, of course.

Anyway, two Fridays ago, the clinic was a zoo. The waiting room was overflowing with people, and I had to put people in my father's office because there weren't enough chairs. So I was rushing around. When I went to call Carlo and his wife (the couple) into a room, I noticed this young Italian guy with them. I figured he'd be their grandson. I thought "shit...this can't be..." but pretended to not notice him, though I'm sure my blush gave me away.

Pam pulls me to the side with this big grin on her face. "Did you notice that Carlo brought in a special guest? Hmmm? smoochy smoochy smoochy!" "Oh shutup, Pam! I have a boyfriend!" "Whaaaat? He's cute! He looks strong, AND he's studying to be a chiropractor, just like you! And he's Italian. Your father would be so excited! You two could marry and be associates!" "Oh shutup! I'm happy with Chad, thanks!"

So whatever, I put Carlo and his wife and grandson in a room. They introduce me to him. I shake his hand, and we get to talking about a bunch of things we have in common- mostly chiropractic. He was hanging onto my every word. At least he was nice and very gentlemanly, though.

So anyway, tonight, my father calls me downstairs to say goodbye to my nonna. Everyone is staring at me. My mother says, "Nonna has a message for you." I turn to her and she's blushing and has this huge smile on her face. Then, in broken English she goes...

"You know...Carlo...I forget his last name..." Then she turns to my father for help. I figured it out, though. "Oh yes! The new patient, right? Your friend?" "Yeah! His grandson, ask Carlo, to ask me, to ask you, if you got a boyfriend. Because he like you and want to ask you out on a date."

Oh my God. I had my face down in shame...blushing like crazy. My father is dying of laughter, and so is my nonna. I looked up at her and said, "Oh dear God...okay. Nonna, you tell Carlo, to tell his grandson, that I'm flattered and thank you, but I'm not interested because I do have a boyfriend."

As I walked away, I punched my dad in the shoulder. "What the hell is this, the 20s?" "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Weirdest moment ever.

Silver Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow
    LOLLLLLL WTFFFFF

Okay. Some history for you guys-

A new couple came into the clinic as patients. Really sweet, old-school Italian couple who are friends with my Nonna (my father's mother). They come in three times a week for treatment. Anyway, they'd keep complimenting me, telling me how such a nice girl should be with their grandson, etc. Pam, a girl I work with (who used to babysit me when I was like, 2) gets a kick out of this, of course.

Anyway, two Fridays ago, the clinic was a zoo. The waiting room was overflowing with people, and I had to put people in my father's office because there weren't enough chairs. So I was rushing around. When I went to call Carlo and his wife (the couple) into a room, I noticed this young Italian guy with them. I figured he'd be their grandson. I thought "shit...this can't be..." but pretended to not notice him, though I'm sure my blush gave me away.

Pam pulls me to the side with this big grin on her face. "Did you notice that Carlo brought in a special guest? Hmmm? smoochy smoochy smoochy!" "Oh shutup, Pam! I have a boyfriend!" "Whaaaat? He's cute! He looks strong, AND he's studying to be a chiropractor, just like you! And he's Italian. Your father would be so excited! You two could marry and be associates!" "Oh shutup! I'm happy with Chad, thanks!"

So whatever, I put Carlo and his wife and grandson in a room. They introduce me to him. I shake his hand, and we get to talking about a bunch of things we have in common- mostly chiropractic. He was hanging onto my every word. At least he was nice and very gentlemanly, though.

So anyway, tonight, my father calls me downstairs to say goodbye to my nonna. Everyone is staring at me. My mother says, "Nonna has a message for you." I turn to her and she's blushing and has this huge smile on her face. Then, in broken English she goes...

"You know...Carlo...I forget his last name..." Then she turns to my father for help. I figured it out, though. "Oh yes! The new patient, right? Your friend?" "Yeah! His grandson, ask Carlo, to ask me, to ask you, if you got a boyfriend. Because he like you and want to ask you out on a date."

Oh my God. I had my face down in shame...blushing like crazy. My father is dying of laughter, and so is my nonna. I looked up at her and said, "Oh dear God...okay. Nonna, you tell Carlo, to tell his grandson, that I'm flattered and thank you, but I'm not interested because I do have a boyfriend."

As I walked away, I punched my dad in the shoulder. "What the hell is this, the 20s?" "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Weirdest moment ever.

LMAO! Sounds like my Nonna. You would have been kicked out of our family if u turned down that combination.

Im A Super Member

Thanks

Today is officially labelled as one of my worst school days EVER. I just need a place to b/tch about my day.

I left my house at 9:15 this morning. As soon as I'm about to walk out the door, it starts pouring rain like crazy. Two seconds later, my nonna rings the doorbell. She asked me if I wanted a lift to the metro station by my uncle's car. I said nah it's okay, I'll just grab an umbrella and wait for the bus. I already have a huge migraine, and my nonna starts yelling at me telling me to take the car to the metro. I hate asking people for lifts. I lost the argument - I got a lift to the metro.

I take the metro to my mom's work so she can give me money to buy my school books. I come out of the wrong metro exit and I didn't know where I was. Then a flock of pigeons come flying around me. I hate pigeons and I'm always scared they will shit on my head. At this point, my migraine was going to burst my head. I finally find my mom, and take the metro again to go to school.

I reach school, and it's time for my first class. Once that class was over, I had a one hour break before going to my next class. So I decided to go buy my books during that hour. (I wanted to buy used books because they are much cheaper than the new books) Little did I know, there was a looooooong line-up. The line started moving quite fast so I actually decided to wait in line, thinking it wouldn't take that long. Yeah, I was wrong. I was almost at the counter to buy my books, and I had to exit the line because it was time to go to my next class. SO CLOSE, but I ended up wasting my time.

I go to my second and last class of the day, and guess who I see. If you read my previous post, I said I had some "major thinking to do". It was this guy that I didn't want to see; and we avoided each other the whole class. Anyways, I don't want to get into that. Once that class was over, I sprint up the stairs to go back in that line I was in earlier. Once again, I thought it wouldn't take that long, but I waited nearly 2 hours in that line. I check my phone, and I see that I have 7 missed calls, all from my mom. I got really nervous thinking something bad happened. So I call her up, and my phone battery dies!!! At this point, I was next in line to buy my books, so I was glad I would finally buy them. Haha, nope. They didn't have the effing books I needed! I just wasted another 2 hours waiting in that stupid line. You can only imagine how much worse my migraine got.

I stomp out of there, and I can hardly wait to get home. I try to push the doors open to go to the metro, and they were locked. I thought I was locked in the school...

I borrow a friend's phone to call my mom. She's outside my school, and she tells me the metro isn't working because there was an accident in there or whatever. So I tell her to come meet me inside the school so we can buy my books from the "new books" bookstore. As we're walking to the line, some guy says that the bookstore is now closed.

I was tired, I had to pee, I was hungry, I was in pain. We had to walk 4 blocks to get to the next closest metro station, and do this big detour to get home.

Im A Super Member

Thanks

Country
    Canada

Angelo, yeah, everyone's kicking me for not saying yes :P

Sandra, hoooooooooooooooly, that IS a bad day. ***** ***** ***** if it'll make you feel better!!!

Thanks

Haha well um im fine

Thanks

@ sandr11ta lol what a shocking day

Gold Member

Thanks

Country
    Australia

crap.

re-opened.