Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
banner
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: gay adoption

Silver Member

Thanks

Default Re: gay adoption

Quote Originally Posted by Lana
    What does religion have to do with marriage?

There are tonnes of ways to get married and it have nothing to do with religion whatsoever. More to the point are you saying that gay people can't be religious?

Marriage is a holy union between man and woman. The bible says it, and the Church say it. Plan and Simple.

I dont think i said gay people cant be religious at all. But if they're so religious they should know that the Catholic Law does no accept or bless gay union.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OCAussie
    Marriage is a holy union between man and woman. The bible says it, and the Church say it. Plan and Simple.

I dont think i said gay people cant be religious at all. But if they're so religious they should know that the Catholic Law does no accept or bless gay union.
    Lol, that's real funny. Last time I checked the UK/USA/Austrailia weren't run by the Church. We're supposed to be multi-cultural so how can we let the bigoted beliefs of one religion run our entire world when the majority of us aren't Catholic, let alone Christian.

People can be religious without being Catholic you know and people can also get a marriage which has nothing to do with the Church. A legal binding.

To be honest Catholic law doesn't accept much so does that mean you don't approve of masturbation either?

Im A Super Member

Thanks

Lol, that's real funny. Last time I checked the UK/USA/Austrailia weren't run by the Church. We're supposed to be multi-cultural so how can we let the bigoted beliefs of one religion run our entire world when the majority of us aren't Catholic, let alone Christian.

People can be religious without being Catholic you know and people can also get a marriage which has nothing to do with the Church. A legal binding.

To be honest Catholic law doesn't accept much so does that mean you don't approve of masturbation either?

But it is christianity that marries people.

My view s this: I feel sorry for the child. He/she wil be bullied at school, at least the person who i know who had lesbian parents certainly did. He/she could be scarred for life and end up hating lesbians/gays.

I don't mind gays in fact i get on well with some, but i dislike thoughs who kiss or have a intimitate lifestyle in public, as it is not right.

If we were all born gay the human race would have been extinct by now.

Im A Super Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman

My view s this: I feel sorry for the child. He/she wil be bullied at school, at least the person who i know who had lesbian parents certainly did. He/she could be scarred for life and end up hating lesbians/gays.

I don't mind gays in fact i get on well with some, but i dislike thoughs who kiss or have a intimitate lifestyle in public, as it is not right.

I get what you're saying and agree. We were basically put on earth to reproduce; meaning a man and a woman. Religion does have something to do with marriage, because marriage is supposed to be between the opposite sex, and eventually reproduce.

Silver Member

Thanks

No matter what religion, marriage is between man and woman. Muslim, Christian etc.

legal or not marriage was introduced to us through religion. I have no problem with gays, in fact i know quite a few.

And infact the Uk/US and Australia are all run and preach christian beliefs. The exact same way that Islam is preached thoughout the Middle East

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OCAussie
    No matter what religion, marriage is between man and woman. Muslim, Christian etc.

legal or not marriage was introduced to us through religion. I have no problem with gays, in fact i know quite a few.

And infact the Uk/US and Australia are all run and preach christian beliefs. The exact same way that Islam is preached thoughout the Middle East
    I know for a fact that the Uk and the US are deffinitely not run by the Church, whilst India's state for example is run by Islam it is not the case with the Uk and US so pretty much what you're saying is crap. Whilst the Uk may have in the past been a Christian country it is no longer the case today; the Uk is multi-cultural and the same with the US.

At the end of the day marriages outside of the Church are a service and due to laws it is illegal in the Uk to refuse anyone service because of race, creed, orientation etc. That means that gay marriages are perfectly legal and so is gay adoption.

Obviously you feel that gay people have nothing to do with religion, but how then can you explain gay ministers etc? More to the point where exactly does it say in Christian teaching that being gay is wrong?

Im A Super Member

Thanks

I know for a fact that the Uk and the US are deffinitely not run by the Church, whilst India's state for example is run by Islam it is not the case with the Uk and US so pretty much what you're saying is crap. Whilst the Uk may have in the past been a Christian country it is no longer the case today; the Uk is multi-cultural and the same with the US.

At the end of the day marriages outside of the Church are a service and due to laws it is illegal in the Uk to refuse anyone service because of race, creed, orientation etc. That means that gay marriages are perfectly legal and so is gay adoption.

Obviously you feel that gay people have nothing to do with religion, but how then can you explain gay ministers etc? More to the point where exactly does it say in Christian teaching that being gay is wrong?

Gay marriages ARE illegal. Yes, they are alowed be become united (may be not the best word to use) but are called domestic partnerships or registered partnerships instead. The difference is under these titles they are recognised to by the state to be together to a certain extent e.g. signed do***ents by the couple and witnesses etc. Where as marriage is done by a minister/priest/vicar etc. and can be done within in a church.

Also these registered partnerships are not recognised by the vatican, and until that day gays well never be allowed to marry. Could you imagine the uproar if that was suggested? Actually, i think it was suggested at one point by a cardinal or minister but the Church and many worshipers to offence to this suggestion. So it never went ahead.

Thanks

Gay marriages ARE illegal. Yes, they are alowed be become united (may be not the best word to use) but are called domestic partnerships or registered partnerships instead. The difference is under these titles they are recognised to by the state to be together to a certain extent e.g. signed do***ents by the couple and witnesses etc. Where as marriage is done by a minister/priest/vicar etc. and can be done within in a church.

Also these registered partnerships are not recognised by the vatican, and until that day gays well never be allowed to marry. Could you imagine the uproar if that was suggested? Actually, i think it was suggested at one point by a cardinal or minister but the Church and many worshipers to offence to this suggestion. So it never went ahead.
    Under which law is this? Yeah, civil partnerships, they're outside of the church but it's pretty much a marriage outside of religion. As in they're legally 'binded" sort of thing.

To be fair unless you're Roman Catholic you won't give a damn what the vatican says, will you.

There's always uproar in the Church, there was uproar when female ministers were made legal in the Church of England and loads of members left to the Roman Catholic Church.

Yes, marriage was 'founded" by the Church but in the same sense that Alexander Graham Bell, a Scot, invented the telephone by your logic that means that only Scottish people can use a telephone?

As for children getting bullied in school for having gay parents that's pathetic, just because prejudices still thrive in our society does not mean that we should simply renounce upsetting the people who hold these prejudices. Personally, I like to hope that in the future less of these prejudices will thrive less, if at all.

Why isn't it right? It's just the same as anyone else showing the person they love affection. Yes and if we were all disabled/mongolised/whatever we probably wouldn't exist either, does that mean that people who don't commit to the 'normal" social circle should be exiled or something?

Besides, in this day many people choose not to have kids regardless of whether they are straight or gay.

Thanks

no, its the law that marries people.

Now thats all I say about this.

Gold Member

Thanks

Country
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Slider

since when are you a bible basher