Until the day joins them

I don't know weather I'm alive or dreaming or dead or remembering
    How can you tell what's a dream and what's real
    When you can't even tell when your awake and when your asleep
    Where am I?

Thanks

Default Re: gay adoption

Quote Originally Posted by veronica
    "The Government will bring forward proposals to resolve the dispute over adoption by gay couples next week, Prime Minister Tony Blair said. "

I think it prejudice that adoption agencies deny gay couples the right to adopt. what about you?

I don't think its right, as it has been stated. Parents come in all shapes and forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana
    It's not adoption angencies in general that are refusing to allow gay couples to adopt; it's religious adoption angencies, i.e. Catholic Adoption centres.

Yes, it is prejudice and homophobic but what people have to understand is that it is part of their faith. Trying to force everyone to hold the same values would make people fascists.

Also, the sex discrimination act of 1975 has been broken by the Catholic Church since the law existed, why is the discrimination of gay people unacceptable, yet the discrimination of women is deemed as acceptable?

I'd have to agree, thank god I'm Wiccan.

Quote Originally Posted by wavedy
    Let em I say. Parents come in all shapes and forms and if the child has security and love then whats the dif on whether it's 2 girls or guys, or an average couple I say. I mean what the hell is the big deal about? It's not like cos someones gay that it will make them less of a person...or a parent for that matter, and it's a far better life for a kid rather than living in and out of foster homes for God knows how long.

Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Slider
    When it comes to adoption i dont mind, however if this was on Marriage then no i dont agree with gay marriages

Do explain. (Event though you will one down on this post)

Why one and not the other?

Good Question.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman
    I think i am going to keep my opinions to myself on this subject, unless you really want to hear them. And don't worry i am not a homophobe.

Please don't. You took the liberty to say that you support one and not the other, henceforth you will tell us anyway whether we ask or not.

Marriage and Adoption are different things in terms of Religious value

Be it so, there are religions out there that support both straight and gay couples.

What does religion have to do with marriage?

There are tonnes of ways to get married and it have nothing to do with religion whatsoever. More to the point are you saying that gay people can't be religious?

*Tons

I'd have to disagree with your whole post. Only a priest of some sorts would have to bind the couple together.

Marriage is a holy union between man and woman. The bible says it, and the Church say it. Plan and Simple.

I dont think i said gay people cant be religious at all. But if they're so religious they should know that the Catholic Law does no accept or bless gay union.

True, but not all people go by what the bible says now do we?

That is quite wrong, please look up Wicca on google.

Be it so, I'm not catholic nor wiccan, therefore any of the priests woudln't marry me and my man, since I'm not part of their religion. Now as for Wicca, a certified wiccan preist can marry me and my man, and he said he would. no022

Lol, that's real funny. Last time I checked the UK/USA/Austrailia weren't run by the Church. We're supposed to be multi-cultural so how can we let the bigoted beliefs of one religion run our entire world when the majority of us aren't Catholic, let alone Christian.

People can be religious without being Catholic you know and people can also get a marriage which has nothing to do with the Church. A legal binding.

To be honest Catholic law doesn't accept much so does that mean you don't approve of masturbation either?

I'd have to agree, their ran by Governments.

Exactly.

But it is christianity that marries people.

My view s this: I feel sorry for the child. He/she wil be bullied at school, at least the person who i know who had lesbian parents certainly did. He/she could be scarred for life and end up hating lesbians/gays.

I don't mind gays in fact i get on well with some, but i dislike thoughs who kiss or have a intimitate lifestyle in public, as it is not right.

If we were all born gay the human race would have been extinct by now.

Not true.

Maybe he/she will get bullied at school. But at least my child will stand up for his/herself and not sit back and take any crap off someone.

Oh and its right for Straight Couples to do this in public as well? Kissing and making out in front of their single friends knowing full well that that person is already sad because he/she has no one but yet have to sit there and watch? I'm sorry, it dont" seem right to me either, its happened far too many times.

Lol, and if everyone were straight the world would be piling up with people.

Quote Originally Posted by sandr11ta
    I get what you're saying and agree. We were basically put on earth to reproduce; meaning a man and a woman. Religion does have something to do with marriage, because marriage is supposed to be between the opposite sex, and eventually reproduce.

lol, yes we were put on earth. But we were not to be put on earth to be anyone's slave. Granted there are slaves in the world, but the majority of the governments are trying to out rule it.

No matter what religion, marriage is between man and woman. Muslim, Christian etc.

legal or not marriage was introduced to us through religion. I have no problem with gays, in fact i know quite a few.

And infact the Uk/US and Australia are all run and preach christian beliefs. The exact same way that Islam is preached thoughout the Middle East

Be it so, there are other religions that can legally marry couples. Over here in the US, marriage was put in by law, not by religion. Marriage was enforced just so the government can get a big fat check.

You know, you keep saying that you're friends with gays and you along well, but you sure do disagree with a lot of shiate.

Lol, yes that is so, but we have a little right thats called Freedom Of Religion. Therefore we ain't GOT to be part of one religion.

I know for a fact that the Uk and the US are deffinitely not run by the Church, whilst India's state for example is run by Islam it is not the case with the Uk and US so pretty much what you're saying is crap. Whilst the Uk may have in the past been a Christian country it is no longer the case today; the Uk is multi-cultural and the same with the US.

At the end of the day marriages outside of the Church are a service and due to laws it is illegal in the Uk to refuse anyone service because of race, creed, orientation etc. That means that gay marriages are perfectly legal and so is gay adoption.

Obviously you feel that gay people have nothing to do with religion, but how then can you explain gay ministers etc? More to the point where exactly does it say in Christian teaching that being gay is wrong?

US is not ran by Religion, US is ran by power hungry/money hungry biggots.

Before anyone bashes me, yes I live in USA.

I have to agree with the last part of your post..all that about UK, I wouldn't know.

Gay marriages ARE illegal. Yes, they are alowed be become united (may be not the best word to use) but are called domestic partnerships or registered partnerships instead. The difference is under these titles they are recognised to by the state to be together to a certain extent e.g. signed do***ents by the couple and witnesses etc. Where as marriage is done by a minister/priest/vicar etc. and can be done within in a church.

Also these registered partnerships are not recognised by the vatican, and until that day gays well never be allowed to marry. Could you imagine the uproar if that was suggested? Actually, i think it was suggested at one point by a cardinal or minister but the Church and many worshipers to offence to this suggestion. So it never went ahead.

Here we go again.

Gay Marriages are NOT FULLY ILLEGAL. In fact, some states are thinking about reinstating Gay Marriages because all the gays are causing such an uproar. Which is why so many straight people hate gay people.

Its quite funny though, we try our hardest to be treated equal only to get bashed. But on the other hand, some gay people deserve a good bashing every now and again.

Under which law is this? Yeah, civil partnerships, they're outside of the church but it's pretty much a marriage outside of religion. As in they're legally 'binded" sort of thing.

To be fair unless you're Roman Catholic you won't give a damn what the vatican says, will you.

There's always uproar in the Church, there was uproar when female ministers were made legal in the Church of England and loads of members left to the Roman Catholic Church.

Yes, marriage was 'founded" by the Church but in the same sense that Alexander Graham Bell, a Scot, invented the telephone by your logic that means that only Scottish people can use a telephone?

As for children getting bullied in school for having gay parents that's pathetic, just because prejudices still thrive in our society does not mean that we should simply renounce upsetting the people who hold these prejudices. Personally, I like to hope that in the future less of these prejudices will thrive less, if at all.

Why isn't it right? It's just the same as anyone else showing the person they love affection. Yes and if we were all disabled/mongolised/whatever we probably wouldn't exist either, does that mean that people who don't commit to the 'normal" social circle should be exiled or something?

Besides, in this day many people choose not to have kids regardless of whether they are straight or gay.

Whoa, long post dear. ~reads~

I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratzer
    no, its the law that marries people.

Now thats all I say about this.

O_o Shoosh. You're not giving enough info to be replied in a well manner. Please GTFO.

Hopefully, me and Brandon can adopt a little girl and name her Emily. :ok:

Thanks

some times having two parents of the same sex is better than two parents of opposite sex

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SourFaith™
    some times having two parents of the same sex is better than two parents of opposite sex

Do explain.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed™
    Do explain.

sometimes two parents of the same sex can relate better to there child like if he is picked on or is having problems better than two parents of the opposite sex

Thanks

sometimes two parents of the same sex can relate better to there child like if he is picked on or is having problems better than two parents of the opposite sex

Hmm, thats confusing lol.

Silver Member

My Mood
    Balanced
    Thanks

Country
    Australia

yeah this would be cool 2 dads would be good because 1 dad could be out kicking the football with you and then later the other dad could take you moto bike riding you would be for ever having fun, ah and long as 1 of the dads cook lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It is impossible for any severed individual to experience pain
    Pleasure, memory, dream or thought of any kind
    This young man will be as unfeeling as unthinking as the dead
    Until the day joins them

I don't know weather I'm alive or dreaming or dead or remembering
    How can you tell what's a dream and what's real
    When you can't even tell when your awake and when your asleep
    Where am I?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Serial-Killer
    yeah this would be cool 2 dads would be good because 1 dad could be out kicking the football with you and then later the other dad could take you moto bike riding you would be for ever having fun, ah and long as 1 of the dads cook lol.

I can cook lmao. I'd be the one that teaches my child about cars. lol.