banner
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Gold Member

Thanks

Country
    Australia

Default What's Your Face Shape?

To find your face shape: 1. Stand in front of a mirror.

2. Trace the shape of your face on the mirror (with something that will rub off i.e lipstick)

3. Examine the shape and go look at the cuts below.

OR

1. Measure your face across the top of your cheekbones. Write down the measurement on a piece of paper.

2. Measure across your jaw line from the widest point to the widest point. Write down the measurement.

3. Measure across your forehead at the widest point. Generally the widest point will be somewhere about halfway between your eyebrows and your hairline. Write down the measurement.

4. Measure from the tip of your hairline to the bottom of your chin.

Oval Face - Length equal to one and a half times width.

Round Face - Your face is as wide as it is long. This may vary a little but generally the measurement is close.

Oblong - Longer than it is wide.

Heart - Narrow at jaw line, wide at cheekbones/and or forehead.

Square - your face is about as wide as it is long.

Diamond - Widest at cheekbones, narrow forehead and jaw line of approximately equal widths.

OVAL

Only slightly narrower at the jaw line than at the temples, with a gently rounded hairline.

This face shape can wear (short, medium, long, close or full) styles and one of those length and shapes will suit you best. The oval face shape is considered the idea shape because it's perfectly balanced in form. Think of the shape of an egg and you have the oval shape in mind. Depending on the facial features and hair characteristics, the oval face shape can wear any hair design with flair. Look for a classic modern style like Catherine Zeta Jones face framing layered hair style hair style

ROUND

Full-looking face with a round chin and hairline. Widest point is at the cheeks and ears.

This face shape can wear (short, medium, long, close or full) styles and one of those length and shapes will suit you best. The goal here is to create a slimming appearance and lift the facial features. To achieve this keep the sides close to the face and promote height at the crown with hair showing below the chin. Look for a classic modern style like Rosie's layered hair style

SQUARE

A strong, square jaw line and usually an equally square hairline.

This face shape can wear (short, medium, long, close or full) styles and one of those length and shapes will suit you best. The goal here is to create an oval appearance and lift the facial features. To achieve this keep the sides short and promote height at the crown with hair showing at or just below the chin. Look for a classic modern style like Sandra Bullock's long layered hair style

HEART

Face is wide at the temples and hairline, narrowing to a small delicate chin.

This face shape can wear (short, medium, long, close or full) styles and one of those length and shapes will suit you best. The goal here is to balance and lift the facial features. To achieve this keep the sides short with height at the crown. Optional: depending on the width of the forehead a Heart Shape face can be styled with or without bangs. Some hair showing behind the ears helps to frame the chin. Look for a classic modern style like Faye Wang full contoured hair style

OBLONG/RECTANGULAR

Long and slender, about the same width at forehead and just below cheekbones. May have a very narrow chin or a very high forehead.

This face shape can wear (short, medium, long, close or full) styles and one of those length and shapes will suit you best. The goal here is to create an oval appearance and lift the facial features. To achieve this keep the sides full and promote height at the crown with fullness below the chin. Look for a classic modern style like Julia Robert's long layered hair style.

TRIANGULAR

Reverse of the heart-shape . . . a dominant jaw line with narrowing at the cheek bone and temples.

This face shape can wear (short, medium, long, close or full) styles and one of those length and shapes will suit you best. The goal here is to create an oval appearance and lift the facial features. To achieve this keep the sides short and close and promote height at the crown with some hair showing below the chin. Look for a classic modern style like Bette Midler's short full textured hair style

DIAMOND

A cross between heart and a dramatic oval. Widest at the cheekbones, and narrow equally at the forehead and jaw line.

This face shape can wear (short, medium, long, close or full) styles and one of those length and shapes will suit you best. The goal here is to balance the face shape and lift the facial features. To achieve this keep the sides close, encourage height at the crown and fullness below the chin. Look for a classic modern face framing look like Elizabeth Hurley's long layered hair style.

Im A Super Member

Thanks

Default Re: What's Your Face Shape?

omg lol. thats cool.

Thanks

Oval for me.

Thanks

Country
    Australia

Oval for me also

V.I.P Member

Thanks

Country
    United-States

lol is good

Im A Super Member

Thanks

Country
    United-States

Oval for me too

Thanks

Diamond :

V.I.P Member

My Mood
    Asleep
    Thanks

Country
    Australia

I think diamond shape

Almost A Newbie

Thanks

I'm Oval also!

Haha first time i read one of these.. i was like heart shaped face? i literally thought people would have two massive bumps onto of there head.. you know.. how a usual loveheart looks..

Mmm random

Senior Newbie

Thanks

Country
    United-States

I'm thinkin oval. :]