Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
banner
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Silver Member

Thanks

Default Official NBA Thread.

Shadowman i thought it was time that we created our own little thread as we head towards the playoffs.

Im A Super Member

Thanks

Default Re: Official NBA Thread.

I think you are about right.

So what are your thoughts on the Shaq deal? Do you think he will make a difference when you come up against teams like the Spurs and the Mavs in the playoffs? I watch the conference where he was introduced and the GM claims he is the link that they have been missing, would you agree?

I honestly think this has made the Western Conference so much more exciting, especially with Gasol at the Lakers as well.

Silver Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman
    I think you are about right.

So what are your thoughts on the Shaq deal? Do you think he will make a difference when you come up against teams like the Spurs and the Mavs in the playoffs? I watch the conference where he was introduced and the GM claims he is the link that they have been missing, would you agree?

I honestly think this has made the Western Conference so much more exciting, especially with Gasol at the Lakers as well.

You know i think it will. With Amare now able to move to PF, it means one he wont be always in foul trouble, and two with Shaq towering undering the ring it'll make it that little bit harder for guys like Duncan to move around in the key.

It all comes down to if he stays healthy during the playoffs, but history shows thats normally the only time of year that he is healthy.

Kyle.

You guys and your official threads

I don't watch NBA... I've never been into basketball

Im A Super Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slider
    You know i think it will. With Amare now able to move to PF, it means one he wont be always in foul trouble, and two with Shaq towering undering the ring it'll make it that little bit harder for guys like Duncan to move around in the key.

It all comes down to if he stays healthy during the playoffs, but history shows thats normally the only time of year that he is healthy.

I think that was one of the main reasons they brought him in and to bring stability to the dressing room, apparently that was one of the main reasons to shift marion.

Well today is a big day, Lakers @ Miami. Should be a good game especially with the new lineups and the fact that previous seasons Miami has been dominating the Lakers, but without shaq and marion in we shall have our first looks at how this well change. Plus it will be good to see if miami's form will improve with marion in the side.

Silver Member

Thanks

I think that was one of the main reasons they brought him in and to bring stability to the dressing room, apparently that was one of the main reasons to shift marion.

Well today is a big day, Lakers @ Miami. Should be a good game especially with the new lineups and the fact that previous seasons Miami has been dominating the Lakers, but without shaq and marion in we shall have our first looks at how this well change. Plus it will be good to see if miami's form will improve with marion in the side.

Honestly its going to take more then Marion to improve that team. They are a mess. Marion's main problem is that he can never step up when needed. Ala last years conference championships against the Spurs

Im A Super Member

Thanks

Country
    United-States

I like basketball I watch every now and then my father watches dallas mavericks all the time I guess you can say were like mavericks fans and I also like the lakers and spurs and chicago bulls

Silver Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Rage
    I like basketball I watch every now and then my father watches dallas mavericks all the time I guess you can say were like mavericks fans and I also like the lakers and spurs and chicago bulls

Evil Mavs fans!

Im A Super Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slider
    Honestly its going to take more then Marion to improve that team. They are a mess. Marion's main problem is that he can never step up when needed. Ala last years conference championships against the Spurs

It gives them a good grounding and options. They can keep him and commit him to a new contract most likely around the 20mill mark or they can waive his contract at the end of the season, which would give them plenty of cap space. Another option would be to trade him again for several good players.

Who do think suns will sign next? as the must make another trade or at least sign a free agent as they are under the minimum player cap.

Plus there seems to be a lot of hate throughout the league for our signing of Gasol. I just don't understand why...!

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Rage

Just stick with the lakers and you will be fine!

Silver Member

Thanks

It gives them a good grounding and options. They can keep him and commit him to a new contract most likely around the 20mill mark or they can waive his contract at the end of the season, which would give them plenty of cap space. Another option would be to trade him again for several good players.

Who do think suns will sign next? as the must make another trade or at least sign a free agent as they are under the minimum player cap.

Plus there seems to be a lot of hate throughout the league for our signing of Gasol. I just don't understand why...!

Just stick with the lakers and you will be fine!

I have no idea why there is hate for Gasol. Then again remember it's LA. They are never happy.

As for the Suns, i have no idea really. More then likely another old player that can be used off the bench. I dont see them making another trade.