Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
banner

Thread: job advice

Im A Super Member

My Mood
    Spaced
    Thanks

Default job advice

ok i started this job as a server and now im a dishwasher and the problem is the cook im suppost to be help out with(like getting him food the he runs out of during the shift) but at the end of the shift last night he ask me to go get him something and my knee was hurting too much to even walk and the thing he want was up stairs. i told him im in pain but he still bug me to go get it for him. i even told him to ask the manager to get it for him and after that he said he wanted me off his shift. like he owes it and can have who ever he wants on it. we been having problems getting along during work but he shows no respect for his coworkers and i think the gm manager(there is three of them. one general manager and two assistant managers)doesn't want to fix that. only one of them knows what he is really like to me and the other probably just ignore it and just say he is under pressure from all the cooking. when he had some time to cool off before hand.

should i just talk to my boss and see if she will do something about it or get a different job?

Gold Member

Thanks

Country
    Australia

Default Re: job advice

yep talk to the boss if it hasnt yet blown over, if the boss will not do anything, ring around at some work safety places and get advice. you could have fell down the stairs from your knee being sore, thats a work safety issue. im not sure how things work where you live but work safety in australia go crazy at work places if there in the wrong. but yeah try the boss first, dont let them get the better of you and push you to leave. ****ers.

Im A Super Member

My Mood
    Spaced
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DeCoDe™
    yep talk to the boss if it hasnt yet blown over, if the boss will not do anything, ring around at some work safety places and get advice. you could have fell down the stairs from your knee being sore, thats a work safety issue. im not sure how things work where you live but work safety in australia go crazy at work places if there in the wrong. but yeah try the boss first, dont let them get the better of you and push you to leave. ****ers.

my pknee pain is an injury from a car accident that happen a fews monthes ago and then i got another one(both of them i was on my bike) but ill try talking to my boss before i leave that job.

Gold Member

Thanks

Country
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Coffinlure
    my pknee pain is an injury from a car accident that happen a fews monthes ago and then i got another one(both of them i was on my bike) but ill try talking to my boss before i leave that job.

that sucks,

it doesnt matter where you hurt your knee.

if you are injured and at work, and you are asked to use the stairs, then that becomes a work safety issue. if you fall down the stairs because of your knee, you can be badly hurt, work safety stops this from happening. your boss would not want you walking up and down stairs with a sort knee as the work place can get in big trouble. tell your boss when your knee is sore, tell him the work is fine but my knee is to sore to walk up stairs, i could fall. thats enough for him/her to sort out the issue.

Im A Super Member

My Mood
    Spaced
    Thanks

once the buses start running here ill go and see what she can do.

--------- New Post Merged on 9/11/2009 at 11:28:34 --------

the manager that was on that night talked to the general manager and the general manager agree that he was in the wrong and she is going to do something about(from the way she sounded she will do something about it). ill find out friday if she did or not.

Silver Member

Thanks

Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Coffinlure
    once the buses start running here ill go and see what she can do.

--------- New Post Merged on 9/11/2009 at 11:28:34 --------

the manager that was on that night talked to the general manager and the general manager agree that he was in the wrong and she is going to do something about(from the way she sounded she will do something about it). ill find out friday if she did or not.

good news i hope for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Im A Super Member

My Mood
    Spaced
    Thanks

that day i went to talk to her, i was preping some food like she wanted me to, and when he went to the kitchen( you only got like 2 feet of a walk way to get through) and the both managers" backs were turn i could just his fist right by my head and i can tell what kind of face he was making when he did that. the only one that knows is the one that work that night my knee was killing me.

he acts like he owes the whole restaurant when he doesn't. One manager lets him talk like he does and it's just not right that im suppost to be beneath everyone and just be everyone's bitch.

i just going to look for another job and quit that one when my hospital bills are almost paid off. im not going to take that shit anymore.

Silver Member

Thanks

Country
    UK

thats just wrong of the guy. if you are going to leave make sure you annoy the shit out him before doing so. the guy needs a good kick in the head.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Im A Super Member

My Mood
    Spaced
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Protector
    thats just wrong of the guy. if you are going to leave make sure you annoy the shit out him before doing so. the guy needs a good kick in the head.

will do

try to get on a different shift but no luck. the dmo i wanted to switch places with the manager says he has to stay on the morning shift.