Hi And Welcome To The Help & Advice Forum.

Quick Run Down:

We are NOT trained professionals. For legal reasons we're not allowed to offer help for suicidal members. Please don't make topics such as "Give me reasons not to kill myself" or "I'm going to kill myself" - if you mention that you're considering suicide, it will need to be removed. You don't have to mention that you're suicidal in order to get support for the way you're feeling. Have a look at these Australian Helplines /World Help lines Sorry, take care.

This forum is for support. Support does not equal telling somebody "toughen up," "get a grip," or "your problems are nothing!"

Golden rule: if you can't be helpful/comforting/sensitive, don't reply to the topic.

Keep in mind when posting here:

* Teen Depression and Emotional imbalance is a sensitive place, with sensitive people.

* If you reply with a severe lack of sensitivity, tell the poster that they're stupid, call them attention-whores, or go off at them for their typing or spelling problems your reply will be removed and you may be warned.

* FLAMING: Flame-fests are a major cause of serious topics being locked. Members who begin flaming (insulting) others may receive an informal or formal warning.

* Just because somebody is seeking attention does not mean they have no problem. Attention-seeking is a problem in itself, with causes, and yelling at them about being attention-whores does not solve it. "You're just looking for attention, stfu" isn't acceptable!

* Anybody who encourages another member to kill or harm themselves or others (it is never a joke) may be banned. If a member asks for ways to hurt themselves or others, report the post. Do not reply, and definitely do not suggest methods.

* If you see a post which you think is unhelpful or against guidelines, report it using the "Report Post" link under their post.

* Off-topic discussions - not a big problem in this forum, but they are not welcome.

Remember that you can choose to have your topic NOT display in "Fresh Topics" when you create it.

note: saying "If you need to talk, PM me" is all very well, but please TRY to add something helpful. Because that isn't. Obviously they do need to talk - they made a topic just for that. So do it there. Those posts won't be removed (unless all they say is something like "PM me!") but please try to offer a little help if you're going to post at all.

also note: People in TDEI are often very emotional and experiencing intensely strong feelings. They may not type in perfect English, and this is perfectly okay. DO NOT reply telling them to learn to type. If you cannot offer support then do not reply.

Thanks.