Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
banner
    Im A Super Member

Thanks

Country
    United-States

Default The Internet Isn't Something To Play Around On

Hacking. Threats. Blackmail. Allegations of child ****ography. All things a St. George family says they're experiencing from a cyber bully that is demanding photos of their daughter.

The FBI once coined these kinds of crimes as "sextortion." The family is being told give up pictures or the cyber bully goes public with some nude photos of their daughter.

But it's not just the family this person is threatening. The stalker is also going after friends, hacking into their email and Facebook accounts sending them messages with the same threats.

An internet stalker is seeking out not just one teen but a whole circle of friends in St George, Utah to get photos of 18-year-old Cylie Santiago

All you have to do is Google her name and dozens of photos pop up. And if you search her name in Facebook, pages and pages of profiles appear. Some of them don't even have her correct name but it's her face and her photos.

Someone out there in the cyber world is so obsessed with Cylie, they have hacked into email and Facebook accounts of Cylie's family and friends, all demanding one thing.

"She asked me to go take pictures of Cylie when she's sleeping,” said her sister.

Cylie's friends say the cyber stalker stops at nothing, even sending her friends text and she's backing up those demands with a serious threat.

"She had sent me a nude picture of my sister to prove that she had some. And said I will send this out if you don't give me what I want,” her sister said.

Like most teens, Cylie loves to take pictures and post them but when she was 14- and 15-years old it got out of control. Cylie was so obsessed with MySpace that she started posting hundreds of photos, becoming quite the icon.

"I got caught up in the moment. I was excited. I felt popular on the internet,” Cylie said.

At one point she was getting 33 pages of friend request every other day and she would accept them all.

Cylie then made a mistake she deeply regrets. She took about six explicit or partially nude photos of herself and sent them to a boyfriend. She says she never posted any online.

"They were in his email and in my trash box and somehow this crazy girl looked in my trash and found them and is using them to blackmail me," Cylie said.

Cylie believes she knows who the cyber stalker is. She says it's a teenage girl from South Carolina who became obsessed with her about a year ago and started calling her.

"She knows my address. She knows my mom's phone number. She knows my little sister's, my little brother's phone numbers. She knows where I live. What school I go to.”

The Santiagos say they've met with local police several times but say nothing is being done.

Detective Choli Ence with the St. George Police Department says they are not ignoring the Santigos and are seriously investigating this case.

"When we start to talk about search warrants and subpoenas, we have to actually have a crime that's been committed,” Detective Ence said. "Obviously child ****ography is not something that is taken lightly."

But so far Detective Ence says they have not seen a single nude photo that would by law be child ****ography. And that includes the photo Cylie's sister got.

"I need an image of child ****ography? It (the image sent to her sister) wasn't child ****ography all it was a sexy photo a girl took to send to her boyfriend," said Detective Ence.

So the question becomes, what's the crime? Detective Ence is looking to see if a crime of harassment and blackmail has taken place.

So now a young woman once caught up in the cyber space world is now speaking against it.

"Cyber space is not safe at all and do not distribute anything that you don't want anyone but yourself to see,” Cylie said.

(Copyright 2011 Four Points Media.)

<Source>

What do you think of this? I feel bad for her, and the Hacker is a total ass hole.
    Love is, above all, the gift of oneself.
    -Jean Anouilh

Trae is my brother

Junior Chatterbox

My Mood
    Amazed
    Thanks

Country
    UK

Wow, obsessive much?

The Cops really need to step up.
    Hello.

Im A Super Member

My Mood
    Amazed
    Thanks

Country
    Trinidad-Tobago

Wow.. i searched her name .... damnnnn... that person is really obsess .... that is some kind of sickness....
    LyDrake
    ~!~Forum Admin~!~

You may contact me via pm with any questions, issues, or concerns.My pm box is always open.

Rep+ is greatly appreciated and will be returned!

Im A Super Member

Thanks

Country
    United-States

Thats here in Utah (state I go to school in) the police said they can't do anything. It's dumb
    Last edited by Viral Death; 06-02-2011 at 03:25 AM.
    -Jean Anouilh

Trae is my brother

Forum Moderator

My Mood
    Curious
    Thanks

Country
    United-States

Quote Originally Posted by Viral Death View Post
    Thats here in Utah (state I go to school in) the police said they can't do anything. It's dumb
    Bullshit. I believe cyber bullying is a federal offense. Not to mention posession of child ****ography, and distribution of child ****ography.

Im A Super Member

Thanks

Country
    United-States

IKR TRAE!!!!!!!!!!! Its bull shit
    -Jean Anouilh

Trae is my brother