Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks

Country
    United-States

Default Getting pregnant

I am 21 years old, I currently have 2 kids. My husband and I decided we want to have another. But we have been trying for over a month and nothing seems to happen!!! Any tips? we are getting a little worried

Silver Member

Thanks

Country
    Egypt

A month is actually not that long, did you plan the other two kids or did it just happen?
    Usually when planning to have a child sometimes it just doesn't happen as soon as you would like it to.
    I honestly would not be worrying just yet because trying to get pregnant in a month is like a %30 chance of it happening.
    You class your self as healthy? as in no illness in the last year or you have no problems with your body?
    You have already had two kids, i cant see why a third child could be a problem.
    Really, a month is to short to be worrying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Country
    United-States

yeah, my other 2 were unplanned... so it is frusterating that i could get pregnant twice without even wanting to, and now we cant when we actually want one

Gold Member

Thanks

Country
    Australia

first of all congrats on your other 2 kids, thats orsm. my self and my girlfriend have been trying to have kids for the last over a year. her coming off the pill caused some bad side effects, once off the pill, she never got her monthly you no what for around 4 months, thats when i said time to go to the doctors. after weeks of tests and crap the doctors put her on some pills to make the monthly you know what to come on. after a few more months it came, but in small ways, meaning um, she had it a day or 2 thats it. anyway to cut a story short, we found out it was crones that had messed something up down there. well more and more months went by and shes getting pretty normal with the monthly thing you girls get. but still cant get pregnant, the doctors want me to go and have a sperm count test lol, im not game enough, i know its for the good but i just cant do it just yet like how embarrassing yeah?
    but trying to get pregnant in a month is almost impossible so the doctors have said in the past. as said above if your healthy and have no issues in your last 2 pregnancy's then you should be just fine. give it a few months, its had to get the timing of the location of the egg. the egg could be on its way down or up, not sure how that works, i think towards the your monthly thingy the egg is high and more chance to get pregnant.
    not sure, cant remember what was actually said at the doctors.
    is your monthly cycles ok? your not taking the pill? never have? good luck, its only a month dont stress.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    yeah, my other 2 were unplanned... so it is frusterating that i could get pregnant twice without even wanting to, and now we cant when we actually want one
    thats actually what many mother have said to us, plan it and it never happens lol, dont plan and surprise your pregnant.

Thanks

Country
    United-States

yeah everything is alright with me. And i guess you are right, i am worrying too much when it has just been a month. I guess you could just say im kind of getting sick of trying haha... maybe we are trying too often?

Silver Member

My Mood
    Balanced
    Thanks

Country
    Australia

i agree a month is way to short to stress out. i have 2 kids myself and they were planned but it took us about 5 months for the first girl and about 7 months for my boy. i have a mate that has 4 kids and they were all unplanned lol and almost they are a year apart for some. give it time it will happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It is impossible for any severed individual to experience pain
    Pleasure, memory, dream or thought of any kind
    This young man will be as unfeeling as unthinking as the dead
    Until the day joins them

I don't know weather I'm alive or dreaming or dead or remembering
    How can you tell what's a dream and what's real
    When you can't even tell when your awake and when your asleep
    Where am I?

Thanks

Country
    United-States

haha yeah i guess i am just impatient. I was more worried about something being wrong. All of my kids were unplanned so i guess i didnt realize it usually took that long. I got them both the first time! haha!

Silver Member

Thanks

Country
    Egypt

Nikki, i wish you all the best with getting Pregnant. As you know now a month is to early to stress out.
    Im going to leave you with a read up below. Good luck, Regards.

----------------------

Trying to Get Pregnant - Are You Trying Too Hard?
    Trying to conceive is supposed to be a natural process that is easy, at least, that is what people would lead you to think. Yet, if you have been trying to conceive for many months or even years, you may realize that having children does not come easily for everyone. In fact, each month, a woman has only a twenty to thirty percent chance of conceiving. Most women will conceive within a year of trying but a small percentage of women will still not conceive even after a year of diligently trying.

If you have been trying to conceive for any length of time you have probably been given advice from well-meaning or not-so-well-meaning friends or family. You have likely heard the suggestion that you need to relax and stop trying so hard. Maybe you were told something like this “I knew this couple that tried for years to get pregnant and as soon as they stopped trying, they got pregnant”. Or another common statement you might here is a story about someone who finally decided to adopt and then they turned up pregnant.

Is there any truth to this? Does trying too hard really cut down your chances of conceiving?
    There has been much debate about the impact of stress on fertility. Some researchers believe that stress impacts fertility but it is not clear whether the infertility causes the stress or stress causes infertility. There is no question, that fertility issues can put a strain on any relationship. For a couple trying to conceive, the journey often starts out with enthusiasm and optimism. After several cycles of trying, this optimism may soon lead to despair and frustration.

Although stress may have an impact on a couple’s fertility it is more likely that stress is the result of infertility not the cause. Most couples will conceive within a year of trying. For couples who do not conceive within a year or two of trying there is almost always a physical cause for their infertility. In fact, 90% of all infertility has an identifiable physical cause. Couples will want to be evaluated by a doctor if they have been trying for over a year and have not had success at conceiving.

Can you have too much s3x? Does trying too hard cut down your chances of getting pregnant?
    Women only have a short period of time when they are fertile. Having s3x frequently during this period of time will increase your chances of getting pregnant. Most experts recommend having s3x at least every other day during a woman’s fertile period. It was once suggested that men with low sperm counts abstain from s3x prior to ovulation to increase their sperm count. However, recent studies have not shown that abstaining improves sperm count. In fact In men with low sperm counts, the researchers found the volume of semen increased after prolonged abstinence, but the quality got gradually worse the longer the men held back.

The bottom line is that there is no such thing as trying too hard. The difference between a couple that conceives when trying and a couple that does not is not based on how hard they try. Implying that relaxation or not trying increases your chances of getting pregnant, only alienates couples that are trying to conceive and adds to their frustration. Exactly how do you try less when you desperately want a baby? There are no penalties for trying too hard. If you and your partner have been trying to conceive for over a year consult your doctor for fertility treatment options. Trying or not trying hard enough does not cause infertility.
    ------------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Country
    United-States

Thank you! so I think maybe we should just take a break to relax a bit. we are both getting really stressed. He has been very crabby lately so a break will do him good i think haha

Gold Member

Thanks

Country
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
    Thank you! so I think maybe we should just take a break to relax a bit. we are both getting really stressed. He has been very crabby lately so a break will do him good i think haha
    my girlfriend is really eager and takes tests all the time to see if shes pregnant, i think that a bad thing, we need to slow down and not think of it so much.
    im actually taking a break to lol just to see what happens. maybe wait long enough to get withdrawals and then go crazy lol. cheers.