Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
banner
    Almost A Newbie

Thanks

Country
    United-States

Default Why did my coworker hurt me like that?

When I first started at McD's, everybody used to talk to me but Kyra. At first, I thought it was bc I was new until I asked her a general question and she said we weren’t friends. I know she was giving off cues that she didn’t like me, but I never got them. I begged her and gave her $$$ for a whole hour on my day off. She became increasingly annoyed. I was frustrated and purposely embarrassed the store by yelling, “If Kyra won’t play with me, I want my mommy!” A shift manager’s 9 y/o son asked if she was sure I worked there. The next day, the general manager said she can’t have me behave like that. If she didn’t know the two of us, she’s think I’m in love with her, to which I replied, “I’m not a dyke.” My coworker said she didn’t mean me.

"Do NOT call my friend Kyra a dyke!” I shouted. Then I demanded to be transferred, which my boss agreed to. Somehow, it didn’t end up happening. My manager also called corporate on me just for that, but they didn't end up doing anything.

A coupla days later at work, I sassed a manager. I told her when she brushed against me, it burns and when she talks, my ears hurt. The next day, I got written up and flicked out my boss for doing that. Soon, I began to verbally abuse others regularly, but I was really nice to Kyra. However, I stared at her on my days off just wanting her to talk to me. It turned out later that she had 2 people add me on facebook bc she was afraid I will do something, which I don’t plan on. Jenny said Kyra initially hated her for months until she (Jenny) accidentally made coffee wrong and burned a lot of people. Kyra thought it was funny and they became friends. I tried the same tactic and purposely made coffee wrong, burned myself, and Kyra just got disgusted. Every snub Kyra made to me (I.e. not letting me sit at her table) I reported it to the boss. In the case w/ the tables, my boss said to find a different table. I also damaged Andrea's coat bc Kyra liked her. And here's the part I HATE: Once, I got 5-6 orders wrong during my 8 hour shift bc I kept thinking of Kyra. And they blamed me!

No one would allow me to talk about Kyra hurting me at work. Well, it's not like I see my therapist every day, so I treat work like one. Since I couldn't, I ended up screaming at my boss in front of customers for a rage outlet. I got suspended 2 weeks. I returned to work to ostracism and on-call hours. I quit a few weeks after. All bc Kyra hurt me

Gold Member

Thanks

Country
    Australia

pitty the transfer to a new work place didnt work out for you. maybe it was for the best that you left there. nothing worse than working with people that dislike you and treat you like shit. one thing by purposely embarrassed the store by yelling to me isnt a good thing lowing your self down to their level. maybe you could have done things a little different rather than yelling in a work place. of-course you are going to get into trouble for doing that.
    how can 2 people become friends over accidentally made coffee wrong and burned a lot of people, thats just strange. i dont think you really needed to try and make the coffee wrong just to try and gain friends or not sure of your intentions for that one.
    not letting you sit at the same table was mean, i can see why your upset. but damaged Andrea's coat, whats with that mate, its a work place, you are all there to work and earn money, not to make friends, not saying you cant be friends but, if workers are going to not like you just ignore them. but hey, i wasnt there and seen what had happened, so i cant say you were in the wrong or nothing like that. the stuff with Kyra could have been worked out,...out side of the work place, not inside. stuffing up the orders is no big deal, we all make mistakes.
    of course you are going to get in-trouble for screaming at your boss in front of the customers. its great that you wrote this thread to get stuff off your chest. this Kyra, you left work because of her. have you ever thought of maybe going to see Kyra and try to work out, or tell her why you left and work things out? just sounds to me that its really getting to you even after you left work?
    if this is the case go back and sort stuff out, try not to yell! if your not planning on doing anything by going back and sorting stuff out then its time to let go and move on mate. sorry you had to go through all this, what a messed up work place to be working in. cheers.

Almost A Newbie

Thanks

Country
    United-States

Well, I didn't end up transferring. The corporate office decided against that. And Kyra was actually the ONLY one who hated me at the beginning. The way she damaged me was making me treat like shit those ppl who were nice to me.

Silver Member

My Mood
    Balanced
    Thanks

Country
    Australia

Kyra needs a good kick in the ass to wake up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It is impossible for any severed individual to experience pain
    Pleasure, memory, dream or thought of any kind
    This young man will be as unfeeling as unthinking as the dead
    Until the day joins them