banner

My Mood
    Balanced
    Thanks

Country
    Black-private

Default I can not remember my dreams!

Why?

I want to interpret my dreams and predict the future but if only I'd remember them.
    Even if I remember something it just disappears. I reckon this happens to everyone, more or less.

Is it true that everyone dreams..well not in my case.

Silver Member

Thanks

Country
    Egypt

Go buy a pen and a note pad. Place them next to your bed. Every dream you have in the middle of the night, write down what happened, then go back to sleep. If you dream again the same night, simply write it down what happened again, meaning every detail. Your mind is a powerful thing, it starts adjusting and knows to wake up after a dream to write your dream down on paper. After the first week, mostly the coming weeks, you will be amazed on how many dreams you actually have per night. I didn't believe this till i tried it and believe me it works! In a small amount of time around 2 weeks mark i was amazed that i was dreaming up to 3 to 5 times a night. If you can handle the waking up to write your dream down then try it. After a few months and you become sick of waking after a dream, get rid of the note pad and stop writing your dreams down. In about a week your mind will adjust not having to wake up after a dream. They did this in the 80's, and i certainly was amazed on the out come. Note: Its just a suggestion. Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Mood
    Balanced
    Thanks

Country
    Black-private

Quote Originally Posted by John.W.Creasy View Post
    Go buy a pen and a note pad. Place them next to your bed. Every dream you have in the middle of the night, write down what happened, then go back to sleep. If you dream again the same night, simply write it down what happened again, meaning every detail. Your mind is a powerful thing, it starts adjusting and knows to wake up after a dream to write your dream down on paper. After the first week, mostly the coming weeks, you will be amazed on how many dreams you actually have per night. I didn't believe this till i tried it and believe me it works! In a small amount of time around 2 weeks mark i was amazed that i was dreaming up to 3 to 5 times a night. If you can handle the waking up to write your dream down then try it. After a few months and you become sick of waking after a dream, get rid of the note pad and stop writing your dreams down. In about a week your mind will adjust not having to wake up after a dream. They did this in the 80's, and i certainly was amazed on the out come. Note: Its just a suggestion. Good luck.
    Cool.
    I'll save this post and read it a couple more times before I understand it. Then I'll ask you questions if any.

Forum Moderator

My Mood
    Curious
    Thanks

Country
    United-States

Basically, he is suggesting that you create a dream diary, and that after every dream you write a detailed account of what happened in your dreams in this diary.

My Mood
    Balanced
    Thanks

Country
    Black-private

Unfortunately this adjusting thing doesn't work with me. As I understand it, the dream and brain should somehow trigger my consciousness and I should wake up.

Well it doesn't happen. I just sleep through the night and wake up in the morning.

I wonder if you guys can remember your dreams but thanks for suggestions anyway.

Forum Moderator

My Mood
    Curious
    Thanks

Country
    United-States

I can vaguely remember my dreams, not all of the gooey details. Mainly just the topic and some major events.

Silver Member

My Mood
    Balanced
    Thanks

Country
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by apriori View Post
    Unfortunately this adjusting thing doesn't work with me. As I understand it, the dream and brain should somehow trigger my consciousness and I should wake up.

Well it doesn't happen. I just sleep through the night and wake up in the morning.

I wonder if you guys can remember your dreams but thanks for suggestions anyway.
    you tried it 2 days and gave up. i read above takes a week also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It is impossible for any severed individual to experience pain
    Pleasure, memory, dream or thought of any kind
    This young man will be as unfeeling as unthinking as the dead
    Until the day joins them

I don't know weather I'm alive or dreaming or dead or remembering
    How can you tell what's a dream and what's real
    When you can't even tell when your awake and when your asleep
    Where am I?

My Mood
    Balanced
    Thanks

Country
    Black-private

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I can vaguely remember my dreams, not all of the gooey details. Mainly just the topic and some major events.
    Well you appear normal because I found that everyone dreams "except in cases of extreme psychological disorder".

It may be that quite often I am stressed out so that's why I don't dream and there is nothing to remember.

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Killer View Post
    you tried it 2 days and gave up. i read above takes a week also.
    Never give up never surrender is my adage. But more I read on dreams the more scary it becomes.

for example:

British Ministry of Defence researchers have been able to reset soldiers" body clocks so they can go without sleep for up to 36 hrs. Tiny optical fibres embedded in special spectacles project a ring of bright white light (with a spectrum identical to a sunrise) around the edge of soldiers" retinas, fooling them into thinking they have just woken up.

Almost A Newbie

Thanks

Country
    Black-private

me too cant hardly remember any dreams that i have..
    but make sure that you have comfortable pillows so that you get nice dreams..

check this out ++++++++++++++