Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multiquoting

My Mood
    Balanced
    Thanks

Country
    Black-private

Default Multiquoting

Multiquoting condenses my posts by default even though I don't use a multi quote option when replying and when I reply to three people in the same thread it counts as one post. Am I at loss here post-wise?
    Last edited by Parker; 12-10-2011 at 05:23 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The world's biggest power is the (youth and) beauty of a woman.

V.I.P Member

Thanks

Country
    United-States

Multiquoting 1 member to 6 members it all still quote in one post or thread. Is this helpful apriori?

Gold Member

Thanks

Country
    Australia

Alex you have answered to a point thanks. but i took the time to view a few of apriori's posts. the problem is that apriori, you are using the quote button. quote button = 1 quote.
    next to the quote button to the right is multi-quote. simple hover over the buttons slowly to read what the button is.
    in a long thread if you wanted to quote more than 3 or 4 members posts then you would simply click on the button "multi-quote" not "quote".
    so for example, if theres a post you want to quote at the top of the page, click once the "multi-quote" button, then keep scrolling down, say half way down the page you want to quote another post, click once "multi-quote" again. then scroll to the bottom and click on "Post Reply" button. they will all appear in your post to reply to.

you can test it here if you want, multi-quote Alex and multi-quote this post, then click on Post Reply button then you will see what i mean.
    remember, click only once on multi-quote button next to the quote button. remember to that a slow hover will display helpful info
    please test multi-quote, then if it dont work i'll screen shot for you
    cheers.

Thanks

Country
    Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by apriori View Post
    Multiquoting condenses my posts by default even though I don't use a multi quote option when replying and when I reply to three people in the same thread it counts as one post. Am I at loss here post-wise?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Multiquoting 1 member to 6 members it all still quote in one post or thread. Is this helpful apriori?
    Quote Originally Posted by GateKeeper View Post
    Alex you have answered to a point thanks. but i took the time to view a few of apriori's posts. the problem is that apriori, you are using the quote button. quote button = 1 quote.
    next to the quote button to the right is multi-quote. simple hover over the buttons slowly to read what the button is.
    in a long thread if you wanted to quote more than 3 or 4 members posts then you would simply click on the button "multi-quote" not "quote".
    so for example, if theres a post you want to quote at the top of the page, click once the "multi-quote" button, then keep scrolling down, say half way down the page you want to quote another post, click once "multi-quote" again. then scroll to the bottom and click on "Post Reply" button. they will all appear in your post to reply to.

you can test it here if you want, multi-quote Alex and multi-quote this post, then click on Post Reply button then you will see what i mean.
    remember, click only once on multi-quote button next to the quote button. remember to that a slow hover will display helpful info
    cheers.
    that's multi quote, apriori
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...in search of sunrise

My Mood
    Balanced
    Thanks

Country
    Black-private

Thx Alex, thx GateKeeper, thx Gio. I've learnt that one.

Now, what if I don't want to use the multi-quoting, if I want to quote each of your posts individually.

Then there won't be three replies ,one under the other, to each of your posts but just one big reply with everything in it,correct? So does it count as a one or three posts?
    Last edited by Parker; 13-10-2011 at 10:10 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Country
    Georgia

well, I dont really understand what you mean but I guess you're pointing at posts count. well, your reply will count as a 1 post in every ocasion you do multi-quote or not. In one post there can be as many quote as you want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...in search of sunrise

Thanks

Country
    United-States

im new how does all this work?

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

my name is joann from va im 29

Thanks

Country
    Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by joann 6969 View Post
    im new how does all this work?

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

my name is joann from va im 29

Quote Originally Posted by GateKeeper View Post

cheers.

read this and if you got any exact question, feel free to ask
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...in search of sunrise

Silver Member

Thanks

Country
    UK

Now, what if I don't want to use the multi-quoting, if I want to quote each of your posts individually.
    That would be a tiny bit pointless not to use multi-quoting

So does it count as a one or three posts?
    If you use the Quote all your posts will be merged to 1 post by a vbulletin mod. Plus reading the rules double posting is only allowed in graveyard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Mood
    Balanced
    Thanks

Country
    Black-private

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic Story View Post
    That would be a tiny bit pointless not to use multi-quoting
    Why? For each quoted post (let's say 10) my post count increases by one whereas using the multi-quoting no matter how many posts (let's say 10) I reply to my post count can increase no more but one count.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothic Story View Post
    If you use the Quote all your posts will be merged to 1 post by a vbulletin mod. Plus reading the rules double posting is only allowed in graveyard.
    I though the successive posts are merged by default by the forum software vBulletin.

What's 'double posting'?
    Last edited by Parker; 17-10-2011 at 12:39 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]