Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Almost A Newbie

Thanks

Country
    Great-Britain

Lightbulb No offence or anything but...

I'm new to this and I saw that there are a lot of adults on here... I thought this was supposed 2 be a site for teens? :S

Thanks

Country
    United-States

Some of us here are barely in our 20s, so I think it's a site for teens and teens at heart.

Forum Moderator

My Mood
    Curious
    Thanks

Country
    United-States

I'm 16 :P

Gold Member

Thanks

Country
    Australia

so what do we do when a member turns 18, banned them? theres adults on every other teen site.

Silver Member

Thanks

Country
    Egypt

What would you rather have, get support from teens your age? (14) or advice from someone older that's been through a lot in their life and can clearly give out the support you may need?
    I'm NOT saying some teens cant give good support im just asking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Moderator

My Mood
    Curious
    Thanks

Country
    United-States

Quote Originally Posted by John.W.Creasy View Post
    What would you rather have, get support from teens your age? (14) or advice from someone older that's been through a lot in their life and can clearly give out the support you may need?
    I'm NOT saying some teens cant give good support im just asking.
    Actually, in my experience I've found it relieving to get advice from my peers. It's always great to get an outsiders point of view.

Yes, older people may know a lot more of the facts, but they may forget sometimes what it is to be a teen (I mean, think about your parents; they went through it, but they act like asshole parents...). This may not always be the case, but you get my point.

Silver Member

My Mood
    Alienated
    Thanks

Country
    Great-Britain

Can a teen afford the server cost for this forum per month? i read is was over $140 a month. FYI there is lots of over aged members at teenhut to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Actually, in my experience I've found it relieving to get advice from my peers. It's always great to get an outsiders point of view.
    Dude, the over aged here is not much older than you. John.W.Creasy gives the best support i have ever seen on a Teen Forum. Read his replys and say you wouldn't take his advice...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silver Member

My Mood
    Balanced
    Thanks

Country
    Australia

take into account that this was once a chat forum in 2005 to end of 2009. and what about the spammers ages we didnt invite them wankers here. a teen forum ran only by teens equals fail. boyka your past your teen years shut the forum down whoops webmaster is 15 or 16 forgot that. crap ass thread from a non active member thats real brite. as if she signed up and seen everyones age in this time bullshit close it
    Last edited by Killer; 23-10-2011 at 06:35 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It is impossible for any severed individual to experience pain
    Pleasure, memory, dream or thought of any kind
    This young man will be as unfeeling as unthinking as the dead
    Until the day joins them

I don't know weather I'm alive or dreaming or dead or remembering
    How can you tell what's a dream and what's real
    When you can't even tell when your awake and when your asleep
    Where am I?

Forum Moderator

My Mood
    Curious
    Thanks

Country
    United-States

Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
    Dude, the over aged here is not much older than you. John.W.Creasy gives the best support i have ever seen on a Teen Forum. Read his replys and say you wouldn't take his advice...
    I dont disagree. However I never said no adult could give teen advice. I just said in my experience I've had a preference to teen advice. I've been on several teen sites over the past couple of years. The mass of the members are 13-19, and you have the few that grew up and never left :P However, to be on the site after 19 you must have registered before your 19th birthday (on one or two of them).

Gold Member

Thanks

Country
    Australia

remember once you turn 18 you are an adult, no longer a teen which ends at 17. all major teen forums are ran and owned by over 18+ members. im actually looking at other top teen forums now and i see 19 years olds, 21 year olds and up posting active and moderating. now looking at teenhelp which has active members well over 18. some support staff is aged 48. im now reading the "Happy holidays from TeenHelp" thread, every single member in that thread that has replied which usually is the most active that reply in announcements forum are, 18 and over. ive had a rough look at teenhut, that dumb ass adf ads are pissing me off there but anyway, of course its active full of teens but still have members and mods over 18 and up.

so how does this make us any different? we have like 4 active members over 18, like wtf. where no different than the top teen forums and honestly, no offense, but what a pointless thread to make. look around the net, open your eyes before creating such a thread.