Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks

Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
    I was reading answers of replies and no one seem to have much experience or knowledge. Rather more looks as if members are guessing. If i had a Rash i would certainly see my doctor or pharmacist first, just sayin.
    I know exactly where you're coming from, however it's amazing the amount of people who google their problems before seeing a doctor. I know I do it, and have found cures for things so easily, and even sometimes after seeing a doctor when advice hasn't worked, and I've found a simple remedy at home from online.
    Often people don't want to make the effort to go the the doctors with what they may worry would be a small complaint. They like to check things out themselves first. Admittedly, there is a massive amount of wrong information online, but there is also a lot of very helpful and useful information. And a whole world of internet willing to help others, and ask their own questions in relation to their health.
    Please take a glimsp of my forum for teenage skin concerns: LINK REMOVED READ THE PULES PLEASE

Gold Member

Thanks

Country
    Australia

Often people don't want to make the effort to go the the doctors with what they may worry would be a small complaint. They like to check things out themselves first. Admittedly, there is a massive amount of wrong information online, but there is also a lot of very helpful and useful information. And a whole world of internet willing to help others, and ask their own questions in relation to their health.
    agreed, but you still need to beat the competition so its your site they find first.

i just typed in Teenage Skin Forums into google.com and found your forum. thats a good sign
    Google

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BoYkA For This Useful Post:

Ender (17-01-2012)

Thanks

Country
    UK

Yeah that's very true! But I'm working on that, it's gradually growing! I started with about 5 members, I now have about 40.. but few active members! I like the emails you send out about updates on threads, I would forget to look, but they're really great, but I can imagine too many getting annoying, but for me they're great! I've got about 1,600 twitter followers for my FreckleTalk account too and I'm using that to every so often link to the site, which seems to be working, especially as users can log in with twitter

After you said about not being able to find it on google, I made a post called "frecklettalk, the teenage skin forum" introducing the site to grab searches from google! I'm also working on looking at goole trends to find the most searched phrases and words so I can add content that may be found through google!
    Please take a glimsp of my forum for teenage skin concerns: LINK REMOVED READ THE PULES PLEASE

Silver Member

My Mood
    Alienated
    Thanks

Country
    Great-Britain

Quote Originally Posted by annaft View Post
    I like the emails you send out about updates on threads, I would forget to look, but they're really great, but I can imagine too many getting annoying, but for me they're great!)
    This is optional in your account options to turn it on or off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]