Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks

Country
    UK

Arrow 2 Help with Teenage Skin Forums

Hi all, I'm wondering if you could all help me. I'm a teenage girl from the UK and All my life I’ve lived with eczema and allergies and gone through so many tough stages of my life. It’s seriously dented my confidence and even when I was very young I used to hate leaving the house because of people staring at me. I would cry daily and feel so alone. Having eczema has really felt like a curse all my life, and I would have loved to have someone to talk to about it, to know that someone else was going through what I was. Because of this, I’ve decided to set up a forum for teenagers with skin problems ranging from eczema, to acne, to dry skin. I want people to feel like there are others out there to help them and understands how they are feeling. The forum will allow teenagers to connect and help each other and share advice and tips. Every teenager goes through some skin problem and I feel this will really help so many people.

I was wondering if it could be possible for a few of you to take a look at the site and let me know what I'm doing wrong and right and how I could improve it. I've never had a site before and I'd really love some feedback.

The website is (www.freckletalk.com) and it would be lovely for some of you to post your stories on there and talk to you all. Thank you so much for your time, and I wish you all the best of luck with your skin

Gold Member

Thanks

Country
    Australia

what do you want, Skin help? Site review? or is this just a promotion? im confused. most likely just a promotion but will move it here for a day or 2 thats all.

Thanks

Country
    UK

I would genuinely like some honest feedback.. I've never attempted to run a forum for teenagers before and have no experience or others to help... its taken me such a long time and effort to finally get it up and running. It's just hard to see it empty with no one joining, I really want people to help each other, I honestly fel into some very low times with my skin and I feel if there was a community there it could have stopped that.. so really it would be great for any kind of feedback or any help and advice you could provide.. I've got very little knowledge about how to bring in people... thanks in advance.
    Please take a glimsp of my forum for teenage skin concerns: LINK REMOVED READ THE PULES PLEASE

Silver Member

My Mood
    Alienated
    Thanks

Country
    Great-Britain

Its a Forum and i don't see the word Forums wrote anywhere in the titles. I typed in to google Teenage Skin Forums and found one of your threads at teen hut. You mentioned your forum that many times it was a wonder you were not banned or your link blacklisted. Put interesting stuff on your forum no one else has and people may find it on google. How old is your forum?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Mood
    Balanced
    Thanks

Country
    Black-private

Quote Originally Posted by annaft View Post
    Hi all, I'm wondering if you could all help me. I'm a teenage girl from the UK and All my life I’ve lived with eczema and allergies and gone through so many tough stages of my life.

Because of this, I’ve decided to set up a forum for teenagers with skin problems ranging from eczema, to acne, to dry skin.

I was wondering if it could be possible for a few of you to take a look at the site and let me know what I'm doing wrong and right and how I could improve it. I've never had a site before and I'd really love some feedback.

The website is (FreckleTalk - The Voice of Teenage Skin Concerns) and it would be lovely for some of you to post your stories on there and talk to you all. Thank you so much for your time, and I wish you all the best of luck with your skin

I visited your forum (didn't register yet) and if you're still visiting this forum I'd like you to know that I have a deal to offer you with which we could mutually benefit from.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The world's biggest power is the (youth and) beauty of a woman.

Thanks

Country
    UK

the forum is only a few months old, it's taken a long time and effort to make, and i'd really love it to be a success and help people.

and Parker, It would be good to talk to you about the forum.. maybe you could email me through freckletalk, the email address is on the "contact us" thread
    Please take a glimsp of my forum for teenage skin concerns: LINK REMOVED READ THE PULES PLEASE

Gold Member

Thanks

Country
    Australia

the boards looks great, no doubt about that. these days its hard to get a good ranking on google because of the new changes on ranking sites. but, go out and submit your site to a few thousand dictionary submissions. maybe a few hundred profile submissions to, not that profile submissions are that good, but that can help with PR. article submissions are great also. dictionary submissions you get the option to title your site in what you want others to type into google to find you. meaning, i wouldnt use the title FreckleTalk in submissions. more along the lines of Teen Skin Care or Teen Skin Help. look in "google trends" to see what is mostly typed/searched on google to do with you niche. also put alot of unique content on your site for information, google loves it. good luck.

My Mood
    Balanced
    Thanks

Country
    Black-private

I sent you an email. Keep it secret because there are a lot of moderators from other forums stealing the ideas and plagiarizing around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The world's biggest power is the (youth and) beauty of a woman.

Silver Member

My Mood
    Alienated
    Thanks

Country
    Great-Britain

I was reading answers of replies and no one seem to have much experience or knowledge. Rather more looks as if members are guessing. If i had a Rash i would certainly see my doctor or pharmacist first, just sayin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by BoYkA View Post
    the boards looks great, no doubt about that. these days its hard to get a good ranking on google because of the new changes on ranking sites. but, go out and submit your site to a few thousand dictionary submissions. maybe a few hundred profile submissions to, not that profile submissions are that good, but that can help with PR. article submissions are great also. dictionary submissions you get the option to title your site in what you want others to type into google to find you. meaning, i wouldnt use the title FreckleTalk in submissions. more along the lines of Teen Skin Care or Teen Skin Help. look in "google trends" to see what is mostly typed/searched on google to do with you niche. also put alot of unique content on your site for information, google loves it. good luck.
    Thank you so much for your help and advice! I've no idea what dictionary submissions are.. would you mind explaining a little more?! I'm guessing you don't mean like urban dictionary or anything! I do get a few hits a day from google searches which tend to be from people searching for advice for content which is posted on the site, so your absolutely right, unique content is the key. Thank you again so much for this advice, it has really helped! Thank you.