banner
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Silver Member

My Mood
    Alienated
    Thanks

Country
    Great-Britain

I thought every Mother had time off work for at least 6 months to a year after having the baby and in that time you would get social assistance plus a baby bonus? To support you money wise. If your partner is working can you still get social assistance? It's your life and im sure you will be a great Mum, but how would one go breast feeding at work? Your Boss will allow changing nappy's and breast feeding while trying to do your job at the same time?

If he gets hurt at work and must take time off or if he gets sick with appendicitis or something, you'll still have an income large enough to support 3
    Doesn't sick pay or work cover pay for all this? It does here, though i am not sure with your Laws.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Country
    United-States

Well were i work its a family center. Im not breast feeding, i cant because of medical reasons.

Silver Member

My Mood
    Balanced
    Thanks

Country
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
    If your partner is working can you still get social assistance?
    depends on his yearly earnings as to how much she would get a fortnight

but how would one go breast feeding at work?
    lol you fill baby bottles up with breast milk you dont have to breast feed 24/7

soon as our first kid came along that was the last day my wife worked. we are still doing just fine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It is impossible for any severed individual to experience pain
    Pleasure, memory, dream or thought of any kind
    This young man will be as unfeeling as unthinking as the dead
    Until the day joins them

I don't know weather I'm alive or dreaming or dead or remembering
    How can you tell what's a dream and what's real
    When you can't even tell when your awake and when your asleep
    Where am I?

Thanks

Country
    United-States

Yes by using a pump. I cant do it that way. Thats why i have to use formula.

Thanks

Country
    Canada

I thought every Mother had time off work for at least 6 months to a year after having the baby and in that time you would get social assistance plus a baby bonus? To support you money wise. If your partner is working can you still get social assistance? It's your life and im sure you will be a great Mum, but how would one go breast feeding at work? Your Boss will allow changing nappy's and breast feeding while trying to do your job at the same time?

Doesn't sick pay or work cover pay for all this? It does here, though i am not sure with your Laws.
    Baby bonus here is only 100/per month per child. That doesn't go far when you have bills to pay.
    Here, you only qualify for social assistance if you've been laid off and have been at your job for at least 6 months before then and if you're able and ready to work but just can't find any. It also depends on how much your partner makes too.Being on a mat leave? you wouldn't qualify.

Also, when my husband got hurt at work, he made one small mistake on the paper work regarding the name of the company at the time they were completing that contract and because of that. he didn't qualify for workmen's compensation. As well, when he got appendicitis, he was in a union at work and he had to ask his boss to lie on the paperwork and say he was being laid off due to lack of work so that he COULD qualify for EI because he wasn't able to go back to work for almost 4 months. That was the only way he would hve been able to qualify for any sort of social assistance and even with me working part time as well, we just barely got by. I can't imagine where we'd be if we had a kid to support and 30.00 formula to buy every day and a half or medical expenses to pay. We're lucky enough to have free healthcare. in the states? Not so much.

Thanks

Country
    United-States

Your a very irratating person you know that? Also ok that happened to you and your husband. I dont care.

Thanks

Country
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by hislildemon18 View Post
    Your a very irratating person you know that? Also ok that happened to you and your husband. I dont care.
    That's fine,but if you're bringing a child into the world, you should care and be planning ahead for things like that to happen because when it DOES happen, you're going to be wishing you listened to this irritating person instead of getting your panties in a knot because you don't like what you're hearing.

Thanks

Country
    United-States

I care. I just dont really care that it happened to you because your on here saying im going to be a bad mom and im going to end up neglecting my child. So thats why you are irratating. So im done talking to you. Go be judgemental and harsh to someone else.

Thanks

Country
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by hislildemon18 View Post
    I care. I just dont really care that it happened to you because your on here saying im going to be a bad mom and im going to end up neglecting my child. So thats why you are irratating. So im done talking to you. Go be judgemental and harsh to someone else.
    I never once said you'd be a bad mother. lmao. However, it takes more than love to raise a child and you're incredibly naive and NOT ready for a child if you think otherwise.If you fall on hard times because you don't plan ahead financially for situations like I described, the state will step in if they feel your child is in jeopardy of not being adequately provided for.

Thanks

Country
    United-States

I never once said that only love can take care of a child.