Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
banner
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Gold Member

Thanks

Country
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Shonna View Post
    Baby bonus here is only 100/per month per child. That doesn't go far when you have bills to pay.
    that sucks, from 1 July 2011, in Australia, Mums are eligible to receive Baby Bonus will get a higher first installment of $879.77 and 12 fortnightly installments of approximately $379.77 per child.

singles mums are coping here not working with a newborn, but still, that extra cash/income coming from say a partner would certainly come in handy. mums are getting by but not enough to go out and buy a car or a new TV.

im about to be a dad, few months off. we have a house, but paying it off. we own 3 cars, will be selling one of them. im going to be the stay at home dad because my computer tech work is done at home, but i will no longer be on call and im the only one with a car licence. having 2 cars is always good just encase one ever brakes down and we need to take the little one to the doctors or zip up to the supermarket. the other half has a stable job which she will return to in 6 to 8 months after the baby is born. but in that 6 months, its still "maybe" going to be a bit of a struggle, pretty sure we will get by but time will tell. if we do find it a bit of a struggle, the other half can return to work earlier. pretty sure she will not have to because we do have money aside, and a quick return to work is just there for back up.
    anyway, threads not about me.

hislildemon18...first off congrats for your baby girl, i hope all goes well on the birth etc.
    i dont think im a big fan of returning to work strait away, is that even possible? i'd be having a few months alone time at home for you and with the bubs before returning to work with your baby. i dont know the age of your other half, he maybe older which could be a good thing. if he can hold his job then that will work out great, but at least if he loses his job then he can be the stay at home dad and you can go to work.

credits to you if you can hold up 2 part times jobs as well as being up half the night seeing to your little girl, to be honest, thats going to be a struggle and alot of work load on you. but im sure your partner will help with that to. i would certainly think about staying at home for at least a few months if your work allows it for you to return to work after a few months. and a few months of family benefits pay will not hurt. altho not sure how much you will get as 18 years of age is classed as a Teen there yeah? 18 is classed as an adult here, i wouldn't know if that effects payments.

we have friends that planned on having a baby at 19 and the partner worked, she (the mum) does not work at all. all went well for them, to this day they have there own house and a 4th baby on the way, 2 boys and 2 girls lol. i think 2 kids would be enough for me. but its the chance they took and its worked, her partner still works and everything is cool with them. but this is Australia, again im not up with USA and what payments you get, i thought it would be much the same but i guess not?

if you and your partner are still working atm, if you haven't already, then time to stock up...
    non-perishable food, nappies, wipes, toiletries, baby clothes. im sure you have done your research and thought ahead.
    hows the babys room turning out? coot, changing table, bedding all done and ready?

oh and wow at the 7+month mark i hope your getting resting time and dont let these people saying "immature and can't possibly be a good mom" put stress on you and your baby, thats the last thing you need. maybe at the start of a pregnancy, well trying to get pregnant stage, its kinda good to have people trying to scare you off having the baby saying negative things, its at that time you can think and maybe change your mind. but by the sounds your minds set. and at this stage of the pregnancy, theres NO turning back.
    plus, when the baby comes it will be a total different story to those that was against this in the first place, god, so many people love to see a newborn even after they were against it. im sure they will be still concerted, but hey, you have a partner working, fingers crossed that he keeps his job, or even gets a pay rise, you never can tell the future, it could turn out better than you thought or worse. but im sure you will get by as you sound pretty dedicated and looking so forwards to being a mum, i dont see any doubts coming from you so thats a good thing.

as someone stated in this thread, prove those against it wrong. well maybe not, i think forget what has even been said by your family or who ever and look forwards not back, take every day as it comes "after" the babys born. im not saying dont think of the babys future, i mean after the baby is born, and dont stress out your baby or your self. if you have everything ready before the bubs gets here then i think you will be just fine.

i still would be taking some kind of break after you have the baby if you can.
    whats the deal with your parents, like, you will have certain people supporting you yes?
    like getting ill or sick looking after a baby we all know it cant be good for us, so some back up for you eg: your mum can come over to help out if your ill or sick yeah?

one things for sure, no one can predict anothers future.
    if something happens to me or my partner (touch wood)...everything will change. what if something happens to both of us, a "will" is something we have yet to do. the future of our baby would most probably be past over to my partners mum, we sure do not want our baby going to some orphanage or foster care, that would suck big time. sorry that just came to mind.

anyway, congrats again, wish you and your partner the best on your new family member. and your like just over a month off, wow.
    hows your partner feel knowing his going to be a dad? think he will make a good dad? i actually cant wait to be a dad, it will be lots of fun, i just hope the years dont go by to fast, i want to enjoy years 1 to 13 before the teenage years hit lol.
    thousands of teenagers around the world are getting pregnant at ages 15, and all mistakes and most of the time the father wants nothing to do with the baby. so hears a 15 year old girl with a baby that wasnt meant to happen trying to rise the child with basically nothing, i must say some pull it off, but ones things for sure, your not one of them. you have income, its planned, yeah your young but classed as pretty much an adult, i personally wouldn't plan a child so young, but thats your choice and not my business to judge you. and of course your going to get members against this on any public forum and probably against my posts lol. older members pointing out the worst things that can happen, well, something could be said to learn from or just to keep you on your toes...but hey, if your a proud to be mum just like the title of this thread then be one

be sure to keep us up to date with your progress...cheers.

My Mood
    Balanced
    Thanks

Country
    Black-private

Quote Originally Posted by BoYkA View Post

im about to be a dad, few months off. we have a house, but paying it off. we own 3 cars, will be selling one of them. im going to be the stay at home dad because my computer tech work is done at home, but i will no longer be on call and im the only one with a car licence. having 2 cars is always good just encase one ever brakes down and we need to take the little one to the doctors or zip up to the supermarket. the other half has a stable job which she will return to in 6 to 8 months after the baby is born. but in that 6 months, its still "maybe" going to be a bit of a struggle, pretty sure we will get by but time will tell. if we do find it a bit of a struggle, the other half can return to work earlier. pretty sure she will not have to because we do have money aside, and a quick return to work is just there for back up.

Congratulations. Is it a boy or a girl?

@ hislildemon18

Have you got any books on raising the children. It's very important to be a role model to them rather than to just preach. Kids copy a lot of behavior from their parents, I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The world's biggest power is the (youth and) beauty of a woman.

Thanks

Country
    United-States

IM having a baby girl.
    Also yes i have lots of books on parenting. I think its important to read what to expect.

Gold Member

Thanks

Country
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    Congratulations. Is it a boy or a girl?
    Thanks Mate, its a Girl for me to.

i also actually thought i put a lot of effort into my above post and no reply kinda getting use to it lol.

Silver Member

My Mood
    Balanced
    Thanks

Country
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by hislildemon18 View Post
    Yes by using a pump. I cant do it that way. Thats why i have to use formula.
    you want a healthy baby then it needs breast milk. should have both held down a steady job for a few years before trying for a family. even have a car yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It is impossible for any severed individual to experience pain
    Pleasure, memory, dream or thought of any kind
    This young man will be as unfeeling as unthinking as the dead
    Until the day joins them

I don't know weather I'm alive or dreaming or dead or remembering
    How can you tell what's a dream and what's real
    When you can't even tell when your awake and when your asleep
    Where am I?

Thanks

Country
    United-States

Im sorry. But i did read the whole post. Also i cant breast feed because medical reasons. And yea i do have a car.

Silver Member

My Mood
    Balanced
    Thanks

Country
    Australia

Im sorry. But i did read the whole post. Also i cant breast feed because medical reasons. And yea i do have a car.
    how far off now till the baby?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It is impossible for any severed individual to experience pain
    Pleasure, memory, dream or thought of any kind
    This young man will be as unfeeling as unthinking as the dead
    Until the day joins them

I don't know weather I'm alive or dreaming or dead or remembering
    How can you tell what's a dream and what's real
    When you can't even tell when your awake and when your asleep
    Where am I?

Thanks

Country
    United-States

jst about a month and a half.

My Mood
    Balanced
    Thanks

Country
    Black-private

Quote Originally Posted by BoYkA View Post
    Thanks Mate, its a Girl for me to.

i also actually thought i put a lot of effort into my above post and no reply kinda getting use to it lol.

Daughters are great investments these days and it turns out that they are more in demand for work and they are also more caring for their parents of old age.

And you put a lot effort in your post. Most lurkers are not in a such situation as yours so they just lurk around and await the same destiny in near future. I am also a member on the other forum and they were talking about novels and I didn't participate in a discussion cause I felt dumb knowing nothing about it and I just read on even though I wanted to say a word or two.

So I guess they are just dumb lurkers.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

IM having a baby girl.
    Also yes i have lots of books on parenting. I think its important to read what to expect.
    That's good you are gathering a useful information on parenting and I bet you are searching for a name for her as well.

Here's a weird ones Sunday Rose or Sage Gold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The world's biggest power is the (youth and) beauty of a woman.

Thanks

Country
    United-States

we have a name picked. arrabella rose