Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
banner
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thanks

Country
    United-States

Heartbeat Pregnant and Proud <3

So im 18 and i'm 7 months pregnant with my fiance's baby and hes 20. No my baby was not as some people would call it a "mistake" or "accident". Our baby girl was planned so we started trying 3 months before i turned 18. Now people are always saying how wrong i am to do that and that immature and can't possibly be a good mom. I disagree 100%. My fiance has a full time job and i have 2 part time jobs and we live on our own and finished high school and collage has to wait. Whats so wrong with that? Why judge me on the spot? I hate when people feel that they have a say in someones life especially when they dont know the person. If anyones immature its the people judging them. Anyone else in the same situation???

Silver Member

My Mood
    Alienated
    Thanks

Country
    Great-Britain

7 months pregnant? 2 months till you can prove them wrong. Congratulations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Country
    Canada

Honestly, I do judge young parents simply because nowadays, the majority of them DON'T do anything with their lives. They just keep putting off post secondary education until they feel they're just to old to go back and then they're stuck in some dead end fast food or retail job, fitting even more into the stereotype. Many of them try to rely on family members for financial support which isn't fair; it should not be their burden to bear.

Also, super; your fiance has a full time job.
    Ever think about what will happen if he's laid off in this wonderful economy? Relying on one income is foolish, especially in a shitty economy and especially with bringing another life into the world that depends on you to survive.

You also will not possibly be able to offer your child every opportunity that comes his/her way like an older more established couple even if for the simple fact that you do not have the education to get a good paying job. When my brother and I were in highschool for example, we were both in the music department which meant we both got to go on 2 europe trips to perform for month every two years. My parents paid almost 50k between the two of us to send us on those trips.

Something they wouldn't have been able to do had they not had higher education and god paying careers.
    Or, more practically; braces. What if your kid has jacked up teeth? Orthodontics aren't covered under benefit plans(if you have benefits t all which would also be a strike against you)

You're also young.
    There may come a time when you he decides that the feelings are just no longer there.
    He may decide he's tired of the responsibility a child requires.

Then you're a single mother with only the time to work a part time job but no money for daycare in order to go to it. Then it just loops back around to relying on family members.
    It's a viscous circle.

but hey, if you're just like everybody else saying "but my relationship is different", or "But I'm so much more determined", why not!?
    Last edited by Shonna; 01-12-2011 at 10:44 PM.

Thanks

Country
    United-States

not every teen mom or young mom is like that or put in thta situation. also im not going to think negative,its the worst thing to. you dnt know me so judging me is just wrong.

My Mood
    Balanced
    Thanks

Country
    Black-private

These statistics are from the Guttmacher Institute:

1. Three-quarters of a million teens between 15 and 19 become pregnant each year.

2. Very few teens who become mothers plan on doing so.
    Out of all teen pregnancies, 82% are unintended. Teen pregnancy accounts for 20% of all unplanned pregnancies annually.

3. Two-thirds of teen pregnancies occur among teens 18-19 years old.

4. Teen mothers account for 11% of all births in the US.

5. Out of all teen pregnancies, 57% end in birth.
    Another 14% end in miscarriage.

6. Nearly a third of pregnant teenagers choose abortion.
    Out of all teenage pregnancies, 29% are terminated by abortion.

7. Black teens have the highest teen pregnancy rate.
    For young women age 15-19, black teens are most likely to become pregnant (134 per 1,000 women). Slightly lower rates occur among Hispanics (131 per 1,000) followed by non-Hispanic whites (48 per 1,000).

8. Teens who become pregnant are less likely to attend college.
    Although teenage mothers today are more likely to finish high school or earn their GEDs than in the past, pregnant teens are less likely to attend college than teens who do not become pregnant.

My thoughts are that if you are not a daughter of rich parents it is going to be a challenging life for you.

But again isn't it challenging for all of us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The world's biggest power is the (youth and) beauty of a woman.

Thanks

Country
    United-States

You don't need to be rich to be able to take care of a baby or yourself. Also thoughs are just statistics.

Thanks

Country
    Canada

^No, but you need to have secure, financial stability to provide for it considering you can't feed,dress or treat/cure diseases with love.

Thanks

Country
    United-States

I have two jobs and my fiance has a job himself. Also you have no right to even try saying that i cant take care of my baby.

Thanks

Country
    Canada

Oh, so you're going to work both jobs and take absolutely no leave of absence when you have your kid, and your fiance is completely secure in his job in this economy? No chance of him being laid off?
    If he gets hurt at work and must take time off or if he gets sick with appendicitis or something, you'll still have an income large enough to support 3 people? Cause if he were to get something like appendicitis or have to have his gallbladder removed or any other one of those common misfortunes, that's a good 6+ weeks off work and another several weeks of modified duty, not to mention the medical expenses. I can only imagine how well you'll do financially.

Also, I have every right to question whether you're going to be able to support yor kid, know why?
    Because if you end up on social assistance, it's going to be us, the good tax payers of America supporting you. Not to mention, I'd say child neglect is everyone's business, no?
    You might try your best and love it dearly, but at the end of the day, if you cannot afford to support it, it will be considered neglect.
    Last edited by Shonna; 09-12-2011 at 08:51 AM.

Thanks

Country
    United-States

i can still have my two jobs because they are places that my baby can come with me. They are both family places. Also i just think that your being way too judgemental and a bit of a bitch with this. Saying that i will end up neglecting my child. You have problems. Your posts aren't needed.