Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
banner
    Almost A Newbie

Thanks

Country
    Canada

Angry When your parents do drugs

Hi, I am new to this forum (doesn't matter) but I need advice because the goddamn kids help phone forum isn't working and neither are their phone lines.

Anyway, here's my problem: I am the oldest of quite a few children and have moved to my nanny's house permanently (just across the neighbourhood) because my parents both smoke weed in my house all the time. I have quite a few siblings all under the age of 16 that are very impressionable and I have NO IDEA what to do next.

There is quite a lengthy background to this. Most info is uneccesary other than the fact that my parents blame me for ALOT of stuff that is wrong in their life and have essentially pushed me away. I am a very successful kid (im 19) and i am not into the drug culture whatsoever, i do not advocate for it, and i am disgusted by it. Although, when i was 14 I had a brief but severe stint
    with drugs, i have turned completely around and everyone thought nothing of it.

My parents have always told us how bad drugs are and how they have never done them and never want to blah blah blah. Only recently, (within the past couple of months) my mom has started smoking in her bathroom. She tried covering it up but everyone could smell it and was getting upset at her but my dad just told us all to leave her alone because "she's stressed".

I would have been able to deal with it if it hadn't eventually progressed into weed smoking DAILY in their bathroom together and the neglecting of my 3 youngest siblings. I don't know what to do anymore. I have no one to turn to. Both my parents do it, and have threatened to never speak to me again if i ever told anyone about it.

They continually deny it even though we found a large bag of weed in their bathroom and now my sister (who is 15 and a bitch) has found it, taken some weed, smoked it, and is using it in our house. SO not only are my goddamn parents doing it, but they have allowed their children to access it. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO SO IF ANYONE HAS REAL ADVICE THEN GO AHEAD. Any further details, ask.

V.I.P Member

My Mood
    Asleep
    Thanks

Country
    Australia

Wow that is one fked up situation your in, I don't envy you one bit.
    I'm sure you know this by now but weed will make your parents really moody, really often. Especially your Mum as weed screws with womens hormones a litttle more than men. NOT good around little ones, in fact it's outright wrong and thoughtless. How to solve your problem, I have some suggestions but I don't know what's available to you in your town/city but here goes.
    If there is family/drug counsellors available to you they might agree to do a home visit? Or else you could try to police, that ones a tad scary cos they might just take the little ones away. Either that or you might be able to look after them til they get off the weed.
    People tend to do things in their home that wrong until they find out someone who matters has found them out.This is only a short term fix cos they'll then be more careful about it but only until they feel that they are not seen again anymore. You could perhaps call the police and tell them your neighbour has drugs in their house and you think they are dealing them cos cars pull up and go all the time lol, then your parents will sh*t themselves and maybe something good might come out of it. In realistic ways though there is always child protection. If the kids can stay with you while they deal with your parents at least they wont go to foster care. Minimal damage to them.

I do think your parents envy you and thats why they say what they do to you, don't worry about it. In time they will both clean up and realise how good a daughter you have been and praise you. It won't last forever. All addictions are caused by problems or old hurts that they don't know how to fix so counselling would be idea for them if they'd agree to go. I don't know if you could blackmail them in to it but it might be worth a try. I'm not big on blackmail but in this case it would be a way out for you. Feel free to pm me if you want to talk something out. I'm not on here all the time but I check in every so often.

Almost A Newbie

Thanks

Country
    Canada

Default Thank You

That was really nice advice and it made me feel alot better. I will see how the situation plays out and definately take you up on the offer of PMing u should I need it. Thank you.

Letitbe6

V.I.P Member

My Mood
    Asleep
    Thanks

Country
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by letitbe6 View Post
    That was really nice advice and it made me feel alot better. I will see how the situation plays out and definately take you up on the offer of PMing u should I need it. Thank you.

Letitbe6
    Anytime, glad it helped. Let me know how u go if thats ok.

Thanks

Country
    United-States

I know this thread was almost 4 years ago, but I can't help myself to post a comment. Lately I have been dealing with the same issue. The only difference is, my older brother’s addiction bothers me a lot. He started using weed a couple of months ago, and he is already addicted with that length of time and it progressively ruining his life! Yesterday, while mom and dad are away from home for some business trip, he and his friends spent the whole day drinking and smoking in his room! I love my brother, and I know alcohol and drugs are part of growing up, and I must be over reacting in some ways
    (I already crossed the line between him and me and told him to go into a rehab or something treatment program that will help him end his addiction. He only laughed. I even went overboard searching tips on the net like a crazy nerd hoping to find a solution about this dilemma, but it only gave me a f*****g migraine! ugh! Some random stuffs keep popping up one after another, like for example this Alcohol Treatment Center Athens GA that i'm still digging at this moment.) I'm worried about his future and I desperately need help on how to deal with this situation.

Anyway, thanks for reading, I just need someone to vent out. I'm lucky to be a member of this forum, that I can share my rant anytime.