Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
banner
    Almost A Newbie

Thanks

Country
    Europe

Default Im not taking my xanax as prescribed by doctor and i need advice?

as the title says though i will add more in detail to you all to read to advise me?
    im prescribed to take3 mgs of xanax day...i can feel it off 3 mgs but it doesnt seem strong enough unless i take all 3 at the same time and i dont wanna build a tolerance to the point where my meds dont work any more but once and i a while i'll skip a day so that i cant take 6mgs the next day....i like the sedation but will taking 6 a few times make the daily 3 stop working?i also dont want to experience withdraw effects for the days i skip in order to take 6mgs at a time like 2times a week...and i skip 2 days so that means that that way i can take 6 some times but the days i gottta skip suck...lke i wanna take em...like i wish i could take 6 mgs a day...but i don't wanna get addicted...i already smoke a lot of pot. (between me and my gf...ounce a week. but this is what i'm being perscribed to.i just don't know if its the sedation that helps anxiety or the chemical in the benzo...so maybe taking 3 1 mg pills spread out will relieve me anxiety fee for the day...but then the sedation effect disapates which is the desired and addictive part advice please

basically im trying figure out how i should take it..like skipping days and dealing with the withdraw in order to take the larger quantity's for the desired effect but i don't wanna become an addict

also, another question i need answered is that for example. if i take 3 mgs at the same time once a day...will it begin to stop working? the sedative effects, the anti anxiety, or both?

Almost A Newbie

My Mood
    Balanced
    Thanks

Country
    United-States

Take what your Doctors says to take. Take at the same time every day. That stuff works even when your body some day wants more. Use your Will power not to take more and how about telling your Doctor this!

Almost A Newbie

Thanks

Country
    Central-African-Republic

You should never take larger doses than those prescribed to you, nor should you continue using Xanax past the time that your doctor has set as the end of your treatment. If you continue, you are risking developing physical dependence which may then ultimately result in withdrawal effects that you do not wish to experience.

You can take Xanax anytime of the day, it will still work. Why not take it when you need to.

Senior Newbie

Thanks

Country
    Germany

You should take the medication how your doctor have recommended and how it is stated in the package enclosure. You should only stop with the medication if your body is reacting negative on it.