Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
banner

Thread: Browser Wars

Kyle.

Lightbulb Browser Wars

Well hey guys,

I'm looking for some opinions in the browser wars On Macs.
    I use a MacBook Pro and I can't decide if Safari or Chrome is the better browser.
    I have been using Safari the entire time until today when I found out that Chrome supports the multitouch gestures the same was Safari does. It has the same look & feel as well. The only thing I don't like about Chrome is the interface isn't as polished as Safari. I believe Chrome is quite a bit faster than Safari though.

Anyone else use a Mac and have some advice?

Thanks!

Almost A Newbie

Thanks

Country
    Central-African-Republic

Chrome forces me to use the scroll bar (or the scroll feature of the notebook's touch pad) - when I'd really much prefer to scroll up or down the screen itself.

Almost A Newbie

Thanks

Country
    Black-private

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle. View Post
    I use a MacBook Pro and I can't decide if Safari or Chrome is the better browser.
    Are some peoples that dumb that they cant work this out for them self? Surely your not stupid and have not yet tested both

Almost A Newbie

Thanks

Country
    United-States

When you purchased your Mac, you probably wanted the best web browser offered, whether it be Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, or some other worthy candidate. After all, quality hardware should also contain quality software. There has been much controversy on what truly is the best browser available for a Mac. Some say that Chrome is, and always will be, the best ever.

Others believe that it’s easier to stay with the default browser because it offers more functionality to the OS. While this is true and I’m not going to attempt to change those believers’ opinions, there is more to the situation than just that. For instance, Chrome does offer more than plugins than Safari does extensions, but this doesn’t necessarily make the latter a weak and functionless application, it just makes it a bit less desirable.

Almost A Newbie

My Mood
    Bashful
    Thanks

Country
    Black-private

Safari and Chrome both suck ass. Use a real browser like Firefox.

Forum Moderator

My Mood
    Curious
    Thanks

Country
    United-States

Chrome is definitely where it's at right now.

Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrireehus View Post
    Safari and Chrome both suck ass. Use a real browser like Firefox.
    Not helpful. Firefox wasn't an option because it isn't optimized to work with Macs. It's not like I haven't tried Firefox.. that's what I used for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Chrome is definitely where it's at right now.
    I agree. it seems like a lot of people are switching to chrome! thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MFAnthony View Post
    Are some peoples that dumb that they cant work this out for them self? Surely your not stupid and have not yet tested both
    Not helpful. I have tested both and wanted other peoples" opinions, but thanks for posting for the hell of it..?

Quote Originally Posted by Peabirressida View Post
    Chrome forces me to use the scroll bar (or the scroll feature of the notebook's touch pad) - when I'd really much prefer to scroll up or down the screen itself.
    What do you mean? Can't you just double finger scroll on both? that's what I do..

Quote Originally Posted by PORDUASS View Post
    When you purchased your Mac, you probably wanted the best web browser offered, whether it be Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, or some other worthy candidate. After all, quality hardware should also contain quality software. There has been much controversy on what truly is the best browser available for a Mac. Some say that Chrome is, and always will be, the best ever.

Others believe that it’s easier to stay with the default browser because it offers more functionality to the OS. While this is true and I’m not going to attempt to change those believers’ opinions, there is more to the situation than just that. For instance, Chrome does offer more than plugins than Safari does extensions, but this doesn’t necessarily make the latter a weak and functionless application, it just makes it a bit less desirable.
    Helpful! Thanks for your input!

Gold Member

Thanks

Country
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by MFAnthony View Post
    LOL, when it comes to browsers, i use what i thinks best for me in the end. please, dont hurt kyles pride