Hi, few years back I owned a hamster, and I was appalled by how the cage was designed, it was designed more for consumer aesthetics than to habitat a rodent.
Last year I did some extensive research on the current market on rodent cages more so on hamster cages and to my finding have found out that many cages are not
suitable to hold certain types of rodents and can be very dangerous to the rodent.
I then went further and created a Q/A at hamstercentral(dot)com/community/housing/9384-project-questionaire-design-best-hamster-cage(dot)html
I created various designs and tweaked them to what the community has said. However the community i have asked is only a small portion to how many
rodent owners are truly out there.
This page is a market research page to create a new rodent/hamster cage that will be of correct size, have the required ventilation, keeping bar
chewing to minimum, no squeaky wheels, no dripping water bottles, easy cleaning, good aesthetics pleasing but not for aimed for children but for
those who truly care for the critters.
I need your help, my mission is this to release a product that will be the best man made habitat for certain types (Syrian/Dwarf Hamsters) of
rodents and maybe in the near future various alterations in the design to adapt the specific needs and requirements for a larger range of rodents.
Like our page facebook(dot)com/RodentHabitat[/url] +twitter(dot)com/rodenthabitat for updates!
I have just finished my first year at Reading University, studying BSc Robotics
Thank you