Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
banner
    Almost A Newbie

Thanks

Country
    United-States

Default Career Advice for Future?

Hello. I am going into my junior year of high school and have come to a crossroad in my life. I still have no clue on what I want to do for my future career. I started thinking on what I should I do. Then, I came to a conclusion on what might help me decide. I decided that I should come online and describe what type of job I want and get suggestions from users online. Then I will go online and do extensive research on what the profession does and see if I will be happy in that profession. So now I will go on to explain what I want in a job:

1. When I think of a job, I want one that does something different every day. I do not want to come to work doing the same thing I did the day before that and the day before that. For example, a friend of mine told me a profession like pharmacy makes 6-figures a year, but they majority of the time they do the same thing every day. I want some variety.

2. When I think about a job I obviously think about the money it is going to make. Now, I want a job that can make at least 100k. But, I don’t want that kind of money from the start. I want to start at like between $50,000-$80,000 as a starting salary. I want to get to that type of place, through advancements and promotions. I want to make it goal oriented. Something I have to work for.

3. When I think of my future job, I don’t want it to take too long to actually start working. When I finish high school, I obviously have to go to college. I don’t want to still be in school when I am at 26. I don’t want a job that takes a lot of time, like a surgeon for example. Plus, can you imagine the debt I would accumulate.

P.S. If you want a career field to start in, my choice fields are the medical or engineering field. But it can be any profession that meets my needs. Thank You!

Almost A Newbie

Thanks

Country
    Ireland

If you are confused about career and can't able to take a right decision then I suggest you that you must take help from career coaching. A career coach at first analyzes your skills and interest and then suggest you s better career option. \