a lotta times when i ask people "how do you know if you love someone?" they say "if you have to ask then you probably dont love them because if you did you''d know" . here's the problem i feel like i love this guy but i feel like i dont wanna admit it to myself. the guy im referring to, lets call him John. so me & John have been friends for a while. In the beginning it took a while for him to open up to me because he doesnt trust people very easily but i got him to trust me and we're very close now, but i think i love him? we've been friends for 8 months but i've only felt this feeling more so recently. i just love hearing his laugh. it's so beautiful & i love how the tone in his voice changes when he asks me if im okay & if im sure. (his voice gets softer) . we always make jokes with each other like "you're a jerk" & i loveee joking around with him & sometimes when im around him or talking to him on the phone i feel like my heart is beating so hard that its gonna pop out of my chest. its not that im nervous im very comfortable with him. like i said im feeling this more recently. i know he has feelings for me but i dont think his feelings are as strong as mine. what do you guys think? & also is it possible for me to be in love with my best friend even though im not dating him?