Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
banner
    Almost A Newbie

Thanks

Country
    United-States

Icon15 Please help me!!! I really need some advice!!

Ok, so I've been dating this guy for almost 8 months now & things have been great. We get to hangout ever now & then at his house. We text each other all day long & tell each other everything no matter what. We Skype every night until one of us falls asleep. I've met his family & they love me. I know this may sound corny but I feel like I love him & he feels the same way. We've talked about us having a future together & he has already proposed to me but I said we should wait since I'm still kinda young, so we gave each other promise rings. But there's one big problem......I haven't told my mom that I'm dating someone. She doesn't even know he exists. She doesn't even think that I flirt with guys whereas date them. Since I am her only child she is very overprotective of me. I don't get a lot of freedom because she's so protective of me & doesn't let me do a lot of things, so if she knew I had a boyfriend she would freak out. The main reason she would freak out is maybe because of the age difference between me & my boyfriend. I'm 16 & he is 18. I'm very scared to tell her cause I'm afraid of how she will react. She may get mad & say i have to break up with him & i can't do that. I can't take the risk of losing him. I know i put myself in this position & I probably deserve to be going through this for lying....but....what should I do? Should I tell her? And if I should, how do I tell her? How do I let her know? Do I just come out & let her know? Should I have him come to my house & come introduce himself to her & meet her? I'm just tired of lying to her about this & I just want to tell her but I don't know how. I want her to realize that I'm growing up & I want to be able to make these decisions about my life. I want to have a normal relationship with this guy. Plus school is about to start & I'm a junior & he's a senior & we want to be able to go homecoming, Sadie's & prom together & not have to sneak around or lie & just go & have fun & go on dates like normal couples. I just don't know what to do. Please help me, cause I really need some advice. If anyone has any good advice please tell me cause I really need it.

My Mood
    Thinking
    Thanks

Country
    Czech-Republic

Should I have him come to my house & come introduce himself to her & meet her?
    Hi, i think its sometimes good to open yourself and face the unknown, good to talk to people you are with, and dont be afraid, everyone has right to be wrong, you can always learn from what happen and act different way next time.