Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
banner
    Almost A Newbie

Thanks

Default My gf doesn't trust me

I'm new to this site and I am looking for some good advice.

My gf and i have been together for over five years now and she still does not trust me. For some reason she thinks i am going to leave her for a man one day even though i am a total lesbian. Three years ago she cheated on me with her best friend at the time. When i asked her why she did it, her response was because she thought i was cheating on her. Our relationship is hurting because of this jealousy. I have absolutely no friends because whenever i take an interest in someone (purely platonic!!) she accuses me of cheating.

I started going to college and i cant even talk about people in my classes because her first response is "Do you like them? Is she pretty?" I have no social life but she is free to have her own friends.

Lately, i've been feeling that I want to cheat. Just so her accusations would be true for once. I'm not that type of person and im am completely losing my mind over it. However, if a girl started showing an interest in me now, i dont know if i could refuse.

What should i do?

Im A Super Member

Thanks

Country
    United-States

Default Re: My gf doesn't trust me

I could not be in that relationship to me it's not worth it to be in that relationship at all I would move on if your not happy with her if she really cared about you she would trust you and being in relationship is based on trust and love if she loved you she would not being accusing you of cheating ..

but this is up to you if you want to put the rest of your life with her cause if you don't leave you will keep on hearing that from her...there is always other fish in the sea ..see how do you know if she is not cheating on you again just becareful and watch your back ..

and hope things go great for you I wish ya luck in this...do what you feel what comes from the heart ...and tell her how you feel deep down inside that you can't go on with her doing this to you ...

Im A Super Member

Thanks

Ever thought of leaving?

Senior Newbie

Thanks

that must majorly suck!

have you spoken to her about it?

im not sure what else you could do except leave her.

cheating isnt the answer.

two wrongs never make a right

but they do make a left! hehe

oh god damn i never seem to stay serious.

=P

but i try to be.

good luck

Almost A Newbie

Thanks

I have thought about leaving but i feel like i would be making a mistake.

Everytime i talk to her about how i feel. She tells me she doesnt want to argue and walks away from me. Or she will turn it around on me and say that its all my fault. I have been with her so long now that i will feel weird being without her. Im not even sure if its love or comfort that i feel for her anymore.

Im A Super Member

Thanks

Country
    Canada

Why are you with this person?

2 reasons: She makes you feel good now, and/or you want to spend the rest of your life with her.

1. She DOESN'T make you feel good now. She's controlling, jealous, and you are restricted in how to spend your time. If you're completely trustworthy, then this is HER issue, and no matter what you do, she will NEVER trust you. Don't you think you'd be happier alone or with somebody else? Just because you've been with her for 5 years does not make it a healthy relationship.

2. How can you even think about spending the future with her? You're already extremely unhappy.

Make the right decision. Good luck.

V.I.P Member

My Mood
    Asleep
    Thanks

Country
    Australia

Insecurity will always be the biggest relationship killer. Ppl like your g/f wont be any different without wanting to be and insecurity is hard to pass easily.

Your not being fairly treated in my view, why does she deserve all that she has while your left with her only?? So she's comfy? What about what makes u happy?

She's all for herself and no one else...in love with u...I think not.

Control freak...I think so. Not talking to u about what your worried about proves that alone.

Your by far better off alone than with her, if u cheat on her she will guilt trip you for the rest of your life, just go and u will find your feet before u know it.

Almost A Newbie

Thanks

Well usually in a relationship, you have to belive that your partner is faithful, no matter what. It appears to me that your partner has no trust in you...fearing you will leave her for some stranger. Personally i find this unfair to you...and maybe she doesn't deserve you.