banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gold Member

Thanks

Country
    Australia

Default 14 Ways to Get Rid of Acne

14 Ways to Get Rid of Acne

Whether you're a teen or an adult with acne, you don't have to simply put up with it. Here are 14 ways to get rid of acne. 1. Don't pick, press, rub, or otherwise manipulate your pimples. If you do, you risk spreading the bacteria and increasing the chances of scarring.

2. Use an over-the-counter product containing benzoyl peroxide once or twice a day. It helps break up the plug of dead skin cells, bacteria, and oil that clogs the pore and forms an acne blemish. And it cuts down on the bacteria, too. Start with the lowest concentration, and work your way up.

3. Try over-the-counter products containing sulfur or resorcinol, which help unplug oil glands by irritating the skin. However, most dermatologists believe that benzoyl peroxide is the most effective over-the-counter ingredient for acne.

4. Don't just spot-treat acne; put the product on acne-prone areas, too. That can include your entire face (avoid the lips and eyes), back, and chest.

5. Go easy on your face. Washing removes oils from the surface of the skin, not from within the plugged ducts. In fact, if you're too aggressive in your quest for cleanliness, you may end up drying out or irritating the sensitive skin on your face.

6. Wash properly once or twice a day, using a mild soap, and rub lightly with your fingertips and warm water. If your skin is oily, use a soap with benzoyl peroxide for its drying properties.

7. Don't use brushes, rough sponges, cleansers with granules or walnut hulls, or anything similar on the delicate facial skin.

8. Don't use oily products, such as hair pomades, heavy oil-based facial moisturizers, or oily cleansers.

9. Use water-based make-up.

10. Don't get a facial. You may end up doing more harm than good.

11. Don't rest your chin on your hands or constantly touch your face.

12. Protect your skin from cancer and wrinkles without aggravating your acne by choosing an oil- free sunscreen of SPF 15 or higher.

13. Don't worry about what you eat, unless you notice a correlation between a particular food and your skin breaking out.

14. Watch out for iodine, which can be found in multiple vitamins and iodized salt. Some doctors believe iodine may encourage acne.

Acne Rosacea

If you're over 40 and suddenly develop severe acne, you could be suffering from acne rosacea. This is a different disease from acne vulgaris, the medical name for your garden variety of acne. Here's how to tell the difference. Acne rosacea is characterized by redness, inflammation (swelling), and dilated blood vessels. Further clues: You don't have any blackheads, the acne is located mainly on the central part of your face (nose and cheeks), and you have a lot of pustules (pus-containing pimples).

There's not much you can do on your own for acne rosacea, but a dermatologist can treat it. Just be especially careful about avoiding the sun.

Here are some interesting links:

Im A Super Member

Thanks

Default Re: 14 Ways to Get Rid of Acne

I used to have really bad acne and I tried many different things, from steaming (doctors suggestion) to ordering ProActiv from the t.v. The one and only thing that has worked for me though is another face wash, its a deep pore cleanser. It's not perfumed so it's extra gentle on the skin too. Thanks for the advice dude, it's heaps helpful for those of us who will have to use these methods for a good part of our lives !

Kyle.

Very helpful thanks

Almost A Newbie

Thanks

Toothpaste is magic put some on a spot one day, then some more on the next day and it will disapear on the 3rd day. It works for me...its magic!

Thanks

i am using a medicene for acne becasue my acne is genetic, running the family. its called acutaine. i hope i spelled it right, and i have to use these clothes with a different medicene on i. but for the acutaine to work, i need a blood test every month. it sucks, but i hope it works.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaLuke
    Toothpaste is magic put some on a spot one day, then some more on the next day and it will disapear on the 3rd day. It works for me...its magic!

ooo burns ur skin doing more damage a lil bit of teatree oil on it works like a charm

V.I.P Member

Thanks

Country
    United-States

Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaLuke

Toothpaste wtf lol.

Thanks

Country
    White-private

Eat healthy

V.I.P Member

Thanks

Country
    United-States

Quote Originally Posted by justwindeja