Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks

Default A message to anyone who will listen.

I know i havent been on here in a while, and thought tonite that i would start a new thread. In august my father passed away. I wanted to send a message out to, especially teens, but really to everyone, the importance that people in our family are.

My Father and i were not very close, he always seemed angy, worked away for months at a time, and really we just had such a similar personality that our stubbeness often left us both in arguments.

3 months before his death he was diagnosed with mesothelomia cancer. This is cancer cause by asbestos, workplace.

Seeing such a strong man deteriate in a matter of 2 weeks was undescribable.

And now its just mum and i , some step siblings.

I really wanted to send a message to anyone who isnt appreciating their family atm or is struggling to deal with the family pressures that you are lucky to have family around you.

I was one of those people who wanted to move away from dad, i didnt want to live with him, and now, i want him to be here with us. No one ever knows how close they are to death, so you really need to appreciate and enjoy every moment you have with a person. I know some of you will go yea whatever you dont know what it was like.. but i do.

I remember on one occasion being afraid that my dad was going to hit me, wanting to move out, screaming at him. And now i look back and think of things we did together..

even basic things like i never carried a picture of him, and now i have pictures on my phone, ipod, wall and in my wallet.

The old saying 'you dont know what you have until its gone" is amazingly true.

Gold Member

Thanks

Country
    Australia

Default Re: A message to anyone who will listen.

wow sorry a m y

but i fully understand as it looks like we are about to have a second death in our family, first my sister now my mum **** it.

V.I.P Member

My Mood
    Asleep
    Thanks

Country
    Australia

Yeah unfortunately that is true Ministry. We know how u feel A M Y, all too well. My sympathy to you and your family. I'm sorry to hear that happened, and yes what u say is very true.

Senior Newbie

Thanks

Well said a m y....

My condolences to you and your family...

It is true...people take advantage of things in life, and of life itself....

You are a very strong willed person to come and be a mentor to those on this site who may be going through family issues...Often its hard to see what life would be like if we didnt have someone in our lives....not taking that time to appretiate can sometimes hit you the hardest when we least expect it....

take care, a m y...stay strong

Thanks

thanks for that.

Im A Super Member

Thanks

I personally, have never experienced a death in my family, so I do not understand how you all feel, but my deepest condolences.... I'm so very sorry to hear about your losses. :cray3io:

Silver Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by a m y
    I know i havent been on here in a while, and thought tonite that i would start a new thread. In august my father passed away. I wanted to send a message out to, especially teens, but really to everyone, the importance that people in our family are.

My Father and i were not very close, he always seemed angy, worked away for months at a time, and really we just had such a similar personality that our stubbeness often left us both in arguments.

3 months before his death he was diagnosed with mesothelomia cancer. This is cancer cause by asbestos, workplace.

Seeing such a strong man deteriate in a matter of 2 weeks was undescribable.

And now its just mum and i , some step siblings.

I really wanted to send a message to anyone who isnt appreciating their family atm or is struggling to deal with the family pressures that you are lucky to have family around you.

I was one of those people who wanted to move away from dad, i didnt want to live with him, and now, i want him to be here with us. No one ever knows how close they are to death, so you really need to appreciate and enjoy every moment you have with a person. I know some of you will go yea whatever you dont know what it was like.. but i do.

I remember on one occasion being afraid that my dad was going to hit me, wanting to move out, screaming at him. And now i look back and think of things we did together..

even basic things like i never carried a picture of him, and now i have pictures on my phone, ipod, wall and in my wallet.

Sorry about your loss. Much like Wavedy and Ministry, My family also looks like its going to lose someone too.

The old saying 'you dont know what you have until its gone" is amazingly true.

Off-Topic, but a great love ballad in the 80's by Cinderella

Thanks

The only positive thing that you can really think of is that when someones suffering they are better off in heaven. And also if people didnt die, there wouldnt be children. i spose its just life. but the hardest thing is the rollercoaster of emotions.. high's lows and sometimes alrite.. but its just so suprising.. really like being blindfolded on a rollercoaster..

V.I.P Member

My Mood
    Asleep
    Thanks

Country
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Slider
    Sorry about your loss. Much like Wavedy and Ministry, My family also looks like its going to lose someone too.

Off-Topic, but a great love ballad in the 80's by Cinderella
    I love that song! Can hear it in my head now.

Its amazing how much u can grieve even before the person has gone.

The only positive thing that you can really think of is that when someones suffering they are better off in heaven. And also if people didnt die, there wouldnt be children. i spose its just life. but the hardest thing is the rollercoaster of emotions.. high's lows and sometimes alrite.. but its just so suprising.. really like being blindfolded on a rollercoaster..

So true, and that literal empty space u feel in your heart and in that spot the person took up in your world feels like it will never be complete again, but don't worry cos in time it wont feel so empty anymore and other things in your life will fill everything again, you'll feel complete again. I wish I could give u a hug.

Silver Member

Thanks

Country
    UK

bloody so true, you dont know what lies a head for us, thats just relating to your

"being blindfolded on a roller coaster"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]