Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
banner
    Almost A Newbie

Thanks

Default Mom thinks I'm anorexic

I am having a problem. My mom thinks that I am anorexic. I not. She tries to make me eat all the time. She gets on the phone when I'm talking to my friends to ask them if I ate my lunch. She keeps nagging me about it. I tell her all the time I just don't eat alot, but I ate when I'm hungry. I don't eat for fun. Is this not normal? How can I convince her that I'm fine? She thinks I'm too skinny. I'm 5'2'" and 103lbs. Is that too skinny? I think I look fine and only adults think I'm underweight. My doctor says I'm find as long as I don't lose anymore weight. I used to weigh around 110-115lbs, I just lost a lot of weight and now my mom thinks I'm anorexic. Help

V.I.P Member

My Mood
    Asleep
    Thanks

Country
    Australia

In my opinion, (not that it means too much, he he) people come in all shapes and sizes. If you are built small, so be it and if your doc isn't worried you can't be "too skinny" I think.

Your mum might have something that is troubling her about how much you weigh but also she might have some other issues too outside of that. It could be anything really but if you can talk to her, maybe find an hour or so to sit with her sometime when she is more settled and ask her how her life is going. You might be suprised to find that she has other issues that she is directing in your direction unintentionally. It might make her feel better and you might help your problem too. Just a thought!

Almost A Newbie

Thanks

Default Re: Mom thinks I'm anorexic

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeFalcon
    I am having a problem. My mom thinks that I am anorexic. I not. She tries to make me eat all the time. She gets on the phone when I'm talking to my friends to ask them if I ate my lunch. She keeps nagging me about it. I tell her all the time I just don't eat alot, but I ate when I'm hungry. I don't eat for fun. Is this not normal? How can I convince her that I'm fine? She thinks I'm too skinny. I'm 5'2'" and 103lbs. Is that too skinny? I think I look fine and only adults think I'm underweight. My doctor says I'm find as long as I don't lose anymore weight. I used to weigh around 110-115lbs, I just lost a lot of weight and now my mom thinks I'm anorexic. Help

Hi sorry I cannot help you because I don't have any idea about this matter.

Thanks

Default Re: Mom thinks I'm anorexic

Nothing to worry about....I too am very small however i am naturally small and it sounds like you are too and that is nothing to worry about...I too get complaints from family and friend because they believe i too am anorexic, my friends make me eat at college etc....like you i only eat when hungry not for fun....

There are charts and things that calcualate your average weight for your height, and you can calculate your bmi easily on the internet which will easily tell you whether you are under weight or not, however there is nothing to worry about..