Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
banner
    Almost A Newbie

Thanks

Default The (non)overprotective parent

I have a teenage daughter (16) who shows me no respect whatsoever. We let her do things and she has a curfew. But she also has to make time to study. The problem is she either does not talk to me or when she does it is just abuse all the way. She puts me down, tells me I'm fat says anything she knows will hurt me. The problem is I have depression and also anxiety problems. And I can not take it anymore. It is coming to the stage that I am going to have to ask her to move out. I love her but I can not live this way. I don't sleep I am crying all the time (when shes not around) and am back on anxiety tablets as well as antidepressants. I just don't know what to do anymore can anyone help me please....::

Silver Member

Thanks

Country
    UK

Default Re: The (non)overprotective parent

wow depression and anxiety is a killer, that sucks, sorry to hear that.

16 is a young age to be moving out on her own. but to put up with all her crap must be tough.

you cant sit down and talk to her about this? you probably have already.

sounds like you could do with a break, a nice holiday somewhere ::

time to lay down the rules, call me names etc, dont do as your told or get out.

let her know what its like out in the real world.

again 16 is young but i hope you get things sorted because she should respect the fact you have depression.

good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silver Member

Thanks

Im sorry but what do you expect. It sounds like you have made it all to easy for her. Instead of being tough on her and forcing her to respect you from an early age. You have become a non entity and are now seen as simply a push-over. Moving her out of the house won't teach her to respect you, let alone anyone else.

Thanks

Country
    New-Zealand

im sorry to hear about what going on in ur house im a 16 year myself so this is coming from a 16 year point. i think u should just start taking thing off her and start being tough on her like for etc stop her from going out and mayb even grounding her or another way is treat ur the same way back or if u have to mayb stop giving her money if u do. i know being 16 is tough in this stage age being a 16 year girl cos of boys and periods and so fourth but it no way for a 16 year to treat u like she does cos u gave her life and she should be thankful for that. so should reakon maybe even trying getting help maybe even or just sitting down and talking and talking about rules even. i think even try and get her to get a job to teach that it hard in the real world without parents i know i lost my dad and mum to a shooting i own my own home i go to work and still go to school. so i hoped i have helped u and i hope eveything works out u and u guys and be a happy family like i want good luck