Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cannabis

4 28.57%
  • Alcohol

10 71.43%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks

i think wavedy means some people that get addicted to weed, like smoking this everyday then suddenly go without can cause mood swings, some people smash things up going without weed. its not a pretty site.

Senior Newbie

Thanks

a bit of Cannabis is ok lol

Gold Member

Thanks

Country
    Australia

Default Re: Cannabis or Alcohol?

Alcohol because Cannabis is for losers.

Im A Super Member

Thanks

Country
    Canada

I have thoroughly studied both drugs and their effects on the brain and other developmental/physiological processes.

Let me just say that the long-term effects of both are worse than people think.

With respect to cannabis- just because a lot of research is inconclusive compared to alcohol does not make it "safer". The research that IS out there is quite unsettling.

The fact that alcohol, in small doses, is actually good for the body makes me say that I believe alcohol to be the lesser of two evils. There is no amount of cannabis that is good for somebody.

If anybody wants me to pull out research studies, I can gladly.

I drink often- a glass of wine usually everyday. I get drunk very rarely- once every 3-4 months. And I've only thrown up once because of it.

I've never tried any illegal drug, and I never plan on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Climie
    Just wanting to try out a debate and see how people fare with it. What do you think about cannabis and alcohol?

In many opinions, including my own, I've always been in favour to cannabis than alcohol. Sure I like a drink now and again, but I'd rather have a spliff anyways.

Anyways question is: What are you in favour of?

I'm intrigued by recent researches of cannabis and found out that a lot of people think cannabis should be legalised because it makes you ''relaxed'" and is a non-violent drug. With alcohol, you can get very violent, and are a danger to other people.

Cannabis for me, makes everything seem better. And I think the world would be a much safer/happier place if people smoked cannabis, rather than get drunk on alcohol.

I'm tired, so forgive me if this sounds weird. =/

Anyways, what's your views/thoughts?

A non-violent drug? Cannabis can be far from pure. Who knows what else is mixed in with the drug.Therefore, if you don't know what you're getting, you don't know how it'll affect your mind and body.

Did you know that weed is the only drug classified as a depressant, stimulant, AND hallucinogen? Does this not tell you about the wide range of side effects possible in different people? As well, cannabinoid receptors are all over the brain- this means that alllll kinds of subcortical structures will be affected, causing all kinds of complications and effects. Just because there are no cannainoid receptors on the medulla (the part of the brain that controls breathing, heart rate, and other life functions), meaning that you can't die from weed, doesn't mean that it's not dangerous.

Oh, and people stoned off of weed can be a danger around other people. Place them in a car and let them cruise around- I assure you that their driving will be impaired (perhaps from being too calm, as you said. Hm?), creating a risk to be on the roads in the first place.

Don't get me wrong- I'm not an advocate on binge drinking, and I'm pretty sure we all know of at least a few of the serious side effects of this behaviour...but I feel that because a lot more is known about alcohol than weed by the general public, I should speak up and clear up some misconceptions.

Im A Super Member

Thanks

I have done both, i went through a stage of getting drunk and smoking weed. We used to do both often at the weekends at school. Although i enjoyed these times, I personally perfer getting drunk. I just get more satisfaction from it and do not stink as much, or feel like i will have a heart attack after consuming so much crap.

P.S. I would recommend smoking cannabis to buckets and bongs, although bongs are fun.

Thanks

well i do both but i can say that weed is better i think is cheaper here at least and it gives the same result as booze only then without the aggression some people get from booze, i am not saying that weed dosen't have downsides it sure does but i just like it better

Im A Super Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arwen
    well i do both but i can say that weed is better i think is cheaper here at least and it gives the same result as booze only then without the aggression some people get from booze, i am not saying that weed dosen't have downsides it sure does but i just like it better

I have to say i am lookin forward to the day when i step of the plane in amsterdam. It is going to be one "fun intoxicating weekend"! :BeerSong: :busty:

Thanks

yea well u have fun and let me know if u enjoyed yourself

Im A Super Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arwen
    yea well u have fun and let me know if u enjoyed yourself

aye, it wont be for another year or so, though.

Junior Chatterbox

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Climie
    it makes you ''relaxed'" and is a non-violent drug.

I have to dissagree with that.. i have watched mates be fine one minute and the next they are breaking out into an uncontrolled fight and wont stop until one of them gets hurt.. they come off it and both get over it everytime..

personally i dont do either of them much. but i would choose a couple spliffs just for my personality type. :ok:

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow
    Place them in a car and let them cruise around- I assure you that their driving will be impaired (perhaps from being too calm, as you said. Hm?), creating a risk to be on the roads in the first place.

I tend to dissagree abit depends very much on the individual i drive better on weed than drunk.. but yeah i do see very much waht your saying.