Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
banner
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

My Mood
    Balanced
    Thanks

Country
    Black-private

Since you are Canadian and I am not I have to trust you on your word but a common sense is that you can't have an unlocked window or door and hope that no one will sneak in and steal something.

What happened to a previous dog?

I always wanted a dog but doing a small research on dogs I found out that the proper dog care is a big trouble. There's so many things to know. Dogs are emotional creatures. If your dog is separated from you for some time it suffers a separation anxiety because your dog wants to be with you all the time. I don't know if you noticed that with your dog.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The world's biggest power is the (youth and) beauty of a woman.

Im A Super Member

Thanks

Country
    United-States

Ever seen the tv show Due South? About a Canadian mountie? It potrays people from canada so nice and friendly go out of their way to help. Well that not true they can be just as big of as$ as people in the rest of the world. Just like the rest of the world has it good and bad people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Country
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by apriori View Post
    Since you are Canadian and I am not I have to trust you on your word but a common sense is that you can't have an unlocked window or door and hope that no one will sneak in and steal something.

What happened to a previous dog?

I always wanted a dog but doing a small research on dogs I found out that the proper dog care is a big trouble. There's so many things to know. Dogs are emotional creatures. If your dog is separated from you for some time it suffers a separation anxiety because your dog wants to be with you all the time. I don't know if you noticed that with your dog.
    We have our good and bad places, just like anywhere else.

For example, in a major city I certainly wouldnt leave my windows and doors unlocked, but in the country/little suburbs, it's generally safe to do.
    We have a lower crime rate than places like the US and where I live, people look out for one another.

Dexter(previous dog) was diagnosed with some sort of malignant deep bone cancer when he was 2, he was the youngest dog our vet had ever seen with that sort of cancer.
    We put him down a year ago as of November 13th.:(

Dogs really aren't all that much trouble depending on where you live.
    In the city they are a bit moreso simply because YOU have to take them for walks and out to do their business, you cant just let them run out your front door to do their thing on their own. Where we live, there's lots of people in the summer because it's a cottage village on the beach, but our yard is big,people are friendly and dont mind the dogs wandering around their yards, all the dogs love playing together, theres tons of room for them to all run around together, a beach they can go to without a human really needing to be present because the speed limit is so low, there isn't much risk of them being hit by a car on the dirt roads and such.

It's easy.
    No separation anxiety though. Eli typically just sleeps with the cat during the day while we're gone. Sometimes our neighbor will come over and let him outside with his dog when he lets his outside. He's definitely wiggly and happy when we come home though^_^<3My big cuddle bug.

My Mood
    Balanced
    Thanks

Country
    Black-private

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Ever seen the tv show Due South? About a Canadian mountie? It potrays people from canada so nice and friendly go out of their way to help. Well that not true they can be just as big of as$ as people in the rest of the world. Just like the rest of the world has it good and bad people.
    Yeap, I guess so. The closer you get to the city the worse it gets.

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shonna View Post
    We have our good and bad places, just like anywhere else.

For example, in a major city I certainly wouldnt leave my windows and doors unlocked, but in the country/little suburbs, it's generally safe to do.
    We have a lower crime rate than places like the US and where I live, people look out for one another.

Dexter(previous dog) was diagnosed with some sort of malignant deep bone cancer when he was 2, he was the youngest dog our vet had ever seen with that sort of cancer.
    We put him down a year ago as of November 13th.:(

Dogs really aren't all that much trouble depending on where you live.
    In the city they are a bit moreso simply because YOU have to take them for walks and out to do their business, you cant just let them run out your front door to do their thing on their own. Where we live, there's lots of people in the summer because it's a cottage village on the beach, but our yard is big,people are friendly and dont mind the dogs wandering around their yards, all the dogs love playing together, theres tons of room for them to all run around together, a beach they can go to without a human really needing to be present because the speed limit is so low, there isn't much risk of them being hit by a car on the dirt roads and such.

It's easy.
    No separation anxiety though. Eli typically just sleeps with the cat during the day while we're gone. Sometimes our neighbor will come over and let him outside with his dog when he lets his outside. He's definitely wiggly and happy when we come home though^_^<3My big cuddle bug.

One day I'll move out of the stressful town life and buy myself a big farm, find I a beautiful wife and have a dozen of children. I might grow vegetables and fruits and do a bit of cattle farming. I must admit I don't know how to do it but it looks like a healthy lifestile. But for now I've got a double lock on my doors and a security grates on the windows, just to be on the safe side.

My ex-girlfriend had to desex her dog and also microchip it. And then register and vaccinate it.
    Council calls it 'a responsible dog ownership in the community'. So there you go. I have no clue whether you have to do all those things in Canada but I suspect the laws are quite similar everywhere all around the civilized world.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Country
    Canada

Yeap, I guess so. The closer you get to the city the worse it gets.

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

One day I'll move out of the stressful town life and buy myself a big farm, find I a beautiful wife and have a dozen of children. I might grow vegetables and fruits and do a bit of cattle farming. I must admit I don't know how to do it but it looks like a healthy lifestile. But for now I've got a double lock on my doors and a security grates on the windows, just to be on the safe side.

My ex-girlfriend had to desex her dog and also microchip it. And then register and vaccinate it.
    Council calls it 'a responsible dog ownership in the community'. So there you go. I have no clue whether you have to do all those things in Canada but I suspect the laws are quite similar everywhere all around the civilized world.
    Well, we don't HAVE to do those things. Most towns require that you get a license for your pet with the township for whatever reason but some don't. We don't have to get his vaccinations or get him chipped or fixed. We are going to get his rabies shot and fix him though. We weren't going to fix him because hed have been great to breed but he's got a genetic condition thatt will be passed onto all male descendents so we"ll get him fixed too.

Silver Member

My Mood
    Alienated
    Thanks

Country
    Great-Britain

And for a dog you've got to have a big backyard and your own house. You cant have the dog in a flat I think.
    Depends on the Dogs breed and size don't you think?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Country
    Canada

^ Size really isn't a factor actually. For example, giant breeds contrary to what most people would think aren't supposed to get a lot of exercise. simply normal puppy play is enough exercise for them because they are predisposed to joint problems therefore making them perfectly adaptable to apartments.

Same with malamutes.
    Theyre a mix of several different hearding/working dogs but they do fine in apartments as long as they get enough exercise and they're extremely calm and agile.

Gold Member

Thanks

Country
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
    i have an Australian border collie and this dog does nothing but run its in there nature as sheep dogs. so i agree to the breed eg: you wouldnt keep an Australian greyhound in an apartment, simple walks are not enough. my dog gets walks but walking isnt enough, i take him out the bush tracks and let him run lose next to the car.

nothing against what has been said in this thread, i cant believe its turned into dog talk lol.

My Mood
    Balanced
    Thanks

Country
    Black-private

Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
    It depends on that and also on the Dog Law or more to the point No Pets Clauses.

- NEW YORK CITY CIVIL COURT, QUEENS COUNTY15

As all pet-owning tenants know, most standard leases and rental agreements contain no pets clauses.

Such provisions are legal everywhere, and courts generally allow a landlord to evict a tenant who acquires a pet in violation of a lease clause and refuses to give it up.

and what's more:

Before you run to court to hash out a disagreement with your landlord, remember that, usually, everyone loses when fights go to court.

So there is no hope.
    Last edited by Parker; 22-10-2011 at 04:23 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gold Member

Thanks

Country
    Australia

dog laws in VIC/AUS is dogs must be chipped and registered. now a new law there trying to bring in that a dog must be walked daily.

Theyre a mix of several different hearding/working dogs but they do fine in apartments as long as they get enough exercise and they're extremely calm and agile.
    point made