I have a cell phone right now. I've had it since Christmas, so almost a year. It's a prepaid phone, and I hate it. I have to pay for it, but I don't understand why. Well yes I do know why, because my parents are stupid.

I asked for it for Christmas, and my mom said that yes, she would get it. But it took a while to get to that. First I wanted to go onto her plan, or my dad's plan, but that didn't work. "I don't want my name attached to another contract and having another bill." I can understand that. After seeing my txting habits, that may have been a problem. But then when I brought up the subject of a prepaid phone, she was okay with it. She told me that she would buy my minutes, and give me money for them. But she hasn't. I have had to pay for all my minutes.

I really would like to be put on an actual plan. Right now my dad has an Iphone, and my mom has a Verizon phone that my dad's company pays the bill for.

I have even said that I would give my parents money to pay the bill with. But apparently I can't do that. I don't see what the difference between me paying for a bill or me paying for minutes? It makes no sense.

I have money. I don't really spend all that much money. I could get a job if I wanted. (McDonald's is hiring. Although I would rather not work there, but eh.)

It's not like I ask my mom for that much money now. I don't ask for money for my prepaid phone, I don't ask to go shopping. I use all my own money. I bought all my school clothes. Basically the only thing other than housing and heat that she is paying for is my lunch at school. And food at home, but that was included in housing.

Would it be a good idea to bring up getting a job? And then paying for the cell phone bill?

More of a rant I guess. I just want a cell phone! Rawr!