I am really shy and find it hard to make new friends sometimes. I am in university and I am finding confidence to be a real problem. I know people who are in the same university. I though they were my friends but obviously not - whenever I ask them to meet me somewhere or do something for me, they stand me up. I have met this one guy, who's moroccan, but he's always busy with stuff. Also, I met this really hot girl but he's being constantly chatted up by this other guy.

The thing is, confidence was always a big problem for me. I never know what to say to people, and when I try to be confident with people and joke around, I get ****y and say things that I don't mean. I did that in front of my girlfriend and said things that I didn't mean - our relationship nearly ended there and then. Also, I am not looking forward to giving presentations to the class. I have a serious problem with nerves - I physically feel sick when I am really nervous and I have a bit of a stammer. I really don't know what to do.