Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
banner
    Almost A Newbie

Thanks

Default A Tiny Bit Depressed D:

I go to full time college along with my daily high school classes. I am making C's in all my classes and my parents are p.o.'ed. I would like to know a way to let them know that I am trying my hardest in all my classes, its just that they are all advanced. I have tried to tell them before and the only thing that happens is that they start threatning to take me out of this program and send me to regular school. I don't want to have anymore nights end in yelling matches. I have seen and felt what it feels like to be mad at someone and they die before you can apologize. Please help me, I don't know how much more I can take. PLEASE!

Thanks

Default Re: A Tiny Bit Depressed D:

You don't want to get out of the advanced classes, I'm assuming? It just seems like you really have a lot to handle right now. You're really putting a lot of pressure on yourself and that's extremely unhealthy. It might be best to speak to your parents about going on. I don't know how understanding they'll be or anything but continuing like this is extremely unhealthy and will catch up to you in the long run.

Try and get your parents to understand the way you're feeling. You're still young and the life of a teenager is stressful to begin with. There is already a lot on your plate and you really don't need any more added stress on top of everything already. If your parents aren't willing to listen and understand what you're saying, don't give up. Talk to someone that you trust about what's going on.

You can talk to a close friend, a close relative, a friend's parent, a neighbour, a teacher, a guidance counselor, etc. Basically, you can talk to anyone that you feel comfortable talking to. No, it might not be easy to talk to someone about all of this but please understand that it's the *right* thing to do. Putting this much stress on yourself is not healthy at all and will be detrimental to your well-being in the long run. Good luck with everything.

Take care of yourself.

Thanks

It sounds like the advanced classes are to much for you right now. You should sit down with your parents and discuss possibly changing some classes and maybe that will help the grades and keep everyone happy.

Senior Newbie

Thanks

As Sabrina and Angel said, You should talk to your parents about your classes, maybe have a couple advanced and not all, so it won't stress you out soo much. Maybe go and talk to your college advisor about your options? I would also have a nice sit down with your parents about your concerns and maybe they'll lighten up a little bit more.