Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
banner

Thread: escape

Almost A Newbie

Thanks

Default escape

feel like running running far away from home its like i dont have anywhere to go but i cant stand being at home isnt home supose to be a place where u call ur safe haven ur place u can always come to i hate being at home it hurts too much my mom and i are in the shits we hardly talk her girlfriend lives with us and she continues to give me dirty looks and shes turned my mom into this person who i dont know its like i cant be in my own house without something being said i dont know what to do i wanna run away but i dont know where to go help me pleasesad001

V.I.P Member

Thanks

Country
    Australia

Thumbsup Your in a really hard situation, I don't envy you. If your fights with your mum don't usually last long, maybe you can try to talk to her upon making up. Let her know this is a huge change for you to have her friend living with you both, but also let her know you want her to be happy too. Tell her what your feelings are about this woman and how she treats you. I'm hoping that will break your mum out of the routine she might have fallen into. Most importantly, if your mum is tending to be a bit selfish lately then talk about her first.

"I see you've been doing things you enjoy with your friend lately, I love to see you happy" , "Your looking good lately"

This will bring her thoughts to your thoughts ... (I hope)

After that kind of chat with her, bring the conversation to your feelings and that you wish you could be as comfortable in your own home as her friend is and then gently state the reasons why. If your mum is on a "self" trail right now then she might need to see your point from a perspective that doesn't seem like your being selfish.

Keep in mind that when kids become teenagers some mums like to expand themselves for a while. It shouldn't last too long I hope.

Try to make this a time when you know the friend won't be home for a long time and your mum won't be rushing off. If that's not possible then maybe opt for just before bed and ask her for a chat. If you say your sorry for the fights before you get onto the other stuff it might help to open her heart a little.

Good luck and I'll be backing you as you talk to her. Thumbsup

Senior Chatterbox

Thanks

Default Re: escape

we all go through harsh times at home. last year my mom kicked me out of the house everyday almost and yet i still live there. you should maybe have a talk with your mom, go eat together or something and talk.

Silver Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by escape
    feel like running running far away from home its like i dont have anywhere to go but i cant stand being at home isnt home supose to be a place where u call ur safe haven ur place u can always come to i hate being at home it hurts too much my mom and i are in the shits we hardly talk her girlfriend lives with us and she continues to give me dirty looks and shes turned my mom into this person who i dont know its like i cant be in my own house without something being said i dont know what to do i wanna run away but i dont know where to go help me pleasesad001

ask urself these things.

1. where are u going to run to?

2. What will u do when u have finished running?

3. How will u support urself?

4. Where will u get the money to support yourself from.

If u can honestly answer those questions, then fine, run away. Something tells me u wont be able to.

There are other ways apart from running away

Senior Chatterbox

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OCAussie
    ask urself these things.

1. where are u going to run to?

2. What will u do when u have finished running?

3. How will u support urself?

4. Where will u get the money to support yourself from.

If u can honestly answer those questions, then fine, run away. Something tells me u wont be able to.

There are other ways apart from running away

personally i could answer all of those

1. at my bf's place

2. cry

3. work

4. work

btw question 3 and 4 are pretty much alike lol

Silver Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carmi
    personally i could answer all of those

1. at my bf's place

2. cry

3. work

4. work

btw question 3 and 4 are pretty much alike lol

thought i would get an answer like that, but what if u have no boyfriend or no job?